Thread: Wheel brush

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I just picked up a BMW which has some very annoying rims to clean.. Absolute pain..

What brush do you guys reccomend that is strong to get the dust off but won`t scratch the rims?

This swissvax good?

Swissvax Wheel Brush

Post Thanks / Like
    For the barrels I just purchased and Raceglaze XL from (PM me for the site) and a Raceglaze wheel face brush. The Swissvax is good for the faces but the plastic ring cracks after a while.

As far as I know tho, the Raceglaze and Swissvax are similar. For the barrels BMW wheels are tight to get into and the Raceglaze is awesome and it wont snap like some other brushes. As far as the bristles go they are soft enough not the scratch but firm enough to work, and they are short and dont sling back at you when you are moving it.

PS. I am in no way affiliated with Raceglaze, just an extremely satisfied customer

One last thing! They arent too expensive: $20 for the barrel brush, and $10 for the faces.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....personally, I typically use a short handled BRB for the face and a 1" round BRB for the lug nuts, holes, caliper and the harder to get to nooks & crannies. I have an EZ Detail brush I bought quite a while ago (before the Daytona came out) that I like for the barrel and in between the spokes. I also have a few other smaller brushes I use depending on the application. While I have had a good experience with my EZ Detail brush (after a few years and many washes), several folks have reported problems with the stem breaking. A good, safe cleaner that will help break down the road grime, brake dust, etc. will go a long way to making the job much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean
    ....personally, I typically use a short handled BRB for the face and a 1" round BRB for the lug nuts, holes, caliper and the harder to get to nooks & crannies..

Do you mean BHB, as in Boar`s Hair Brush? That "R" in the above leaves me

Those are what I usually do most of my wheel work with, along with various swabs and Griot`s little "Four-Finger Lambskin Mitt" (pn 10209)

Post Thanks / Like
    My all time favorite wheel brush is the Uber BHB. If you get your wheels clean initially, keep a good long lasting wax or sealer on them, then this soft brush will swoosh your wheels clean using just your normal car wash solution.

There isn`t really just one brush that will clean every wheel you need to tackle. Griots has a couple of small BHB`s that I like (thanks to Accumulator!). The Swissvax brush also has a use but is stiffer than the others I mentioned.

Another inexpensive wheel cleaning tool that works well for me is the Recessed Wheel Lug Nut Cleaner from Autogeek. If you have a local Harbor Freight you might want to check there, sometimes they`re on clearance. If you live in Canada EShine also carries them and shipping might be a lot easier (cheaper).
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Eliot Ness- Glad the Griot`s BHBs are working out OK. When would you use that Recessed Wheel Lug Nut Cleaner instead of the round BHB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Do you mean BHB, as in Boar`s Hair Brush?
    .... yes, sorry. I don`t know why I used "R". ....I even did it twice. That`s what I get for multi-tasking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ..........When would you use that Recessed Wheel Lug Nut Cleaner instead of the round BHB?
    I have a set of wheels on a DD where the lugs are recessed pretty far in and I can`t really get a brush in there to clean very well at all. I used to spend a lot more time than I should have on those PIA wheels until I discovered that Recessed Lug Cleaner. Until I started dealing with those wheels the round brush worked out great around lugs. The lug cleaner just makes that particular wheel so much easier for me to deal with.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Eliot Ness- OK, roger that. Yeah, my round BHB *barely* reaches in far enough on the A8`s winter wheels (Borbets).

Thread Information