Post Thanks / Like
    I used to buy my wash mitts at Walmart, but can`t seem to find them there anymore??

Anyone know if they stopped carrying them?

I`m in Canada BTW, not sure if this is true in the US as well.
    93 Z28, red, 6spd

2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD, gun metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s time to convert to the grout sponge . I used to use only wool wash mitts, but I kept hearing about the spongues on the froum and just had to try it out. I like them much more than the mitt, they hold a lot more soapy water, don`t collect particles in fibers like the mitts, and only cost $1.97!!! Pick one up at home depot/lowes/similar in the tile sections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Costco now sells the same Eurow mits that used to be sold at Wal-Mart. The grout sponge just doesn`t do it for me, can`t get in tight body seams like sheepskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    try the Lowes GS. it`s really soft, rinses easy, and very pliable/squeezable to where you can get into tight spots. can`t beat it for $2...

Post Thanks / Like
    Long live sheepskin!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure i`m willing to take a chance with a sponge - even for just $2. I`ve always been under the impression that a sponge would just swirl the dirt around between the sponge and the paint causing damage. The sheepskin is just so soft and the dirt just rinses out so easily. I normally only use a sponge for the wheels since the finish is much more durable. Thanks anyways.

I will check Costco for the mitts - thanks!!
    93 Z28, red, 6spd

2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD, gun metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93zder

I will check Costco for the mitts - thanks!!

Should have mentioned, its online only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93zder
    I`m not sure i`m willing to take a chance with a sponge - even for just $2. I`ve always been under the impression that a sponge would just swirl the dirt around between the sponge and the paint causing damage. The sheepskin is just so soft and the dirt just rinses out so easily. I normally only use a sponge for the wheels since the finish is much more durable. Thanks anyways.

i use to think that too, but after using one it changed. the only way to find out is to try it out for yourself...

Post Thanks / Like
    I received a nice sheepskin mitt as a present. The purchaser bought it from a Mercedes-Benz dealership. I don`t have a clue how much it cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    try the Lowes GS. it`s really soft, rinses easy, and very pliable/squeezable to where you can get into tight spots. can`t beat it for $2...

So how do you get emblems clean, say one that is all lettering? With the sheepsking I just gently rub and the fur gets in all of the spots, same with grills, seams, body molding, etc. How do you do that with the Lowes GS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    So how do you get emblems clean, say one that is all lettering? With the sheepsking I just gently rub and the fur gets in all of the spots, same with grills, seams, body molding, etc. How do you do that with the Lowes GS?

in conjunction with the any wash media, a small brush (like the swissvax) is ideal for getting in those areas (also inside the wiper blades, gas cap, etc, etc). it`s good to have a variety of tools for different tasks...

Post Thanks / Like

in conjunction with the any wash media, a small brush (like the swissvax, etc) is ideal for getting in those areas (also inside the wiper blades, gas cap, etc, etc). it`s good to have a variety of tools for different tasks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    in conjunction with the any wash media, a small brush (like the swissvax, etc) is ideal for getting in those areas (also inside the wiper blades, gas cap, etc, etc). it`s good to have a variety of tools for different tasks...

Ahh, gotcha. That would slow me down a bit I think, having to switch it up. I do like the GS for wheels though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a soft wash brush all the while running water from the hose with the other hand.There is always running water behind my very soft brush to avoid scratching....ALWAYS up and down on the sides and opposite what the NORM is on the tops ...hood roof and trunk. ALWAYS be sure flowing water is under the brush...this cuts down on marring. If I am about to polish the exterior it really would not matter much because I create a whole new skin during the polishing process. The water is very important to the client to use AFTER the polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, gotcha. That would slow me down a bit I think, having to switch it up. I do like the GS for wheels though.
    ....I usually keep a 1" round BRB in my back pocket for the trim, emblems, nooks & crannies as I`m washing the rest of the car (after the wheels, wells, etc.). I whip it out as needed using soap from the mitt and giving it a rinse with the hose as I take care of each section (sticking it back in my pocket for the next segment).

Thread Information