Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for some suggestions on the best methods you all use for washing off brin and salt. I didn`t drive through any of it when the roads were wet, so it is not totally covered with a messy mix and it is not as dirty as most out there. The transportation department loves to put the crap on so thick that this stuff will still linger around for a while until it totally gets washed out, so I have some of the dust from it on the far lower parts of my car.

Of course I will be using a 2 bucket method with grit guards, and I will be doing a foam gun pre soak before wasinhg. I am wondering, should rinse and refill my wash bucket and the bucket for cleaning the mit frequently? Will a little of this salt mix contaminate the wash buckets and take away of really decrease the LSP protection when washing the vehicle?

What do you all suggest for the best option without comprimising the LSP if possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use DP No rinse wash in my garage. I probably should do the two bucket method but sometimes I get lazy and do just one bucket and haven`t scratched or swirled my cars yet.
    I`m just an average guy that takes care of my cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just run it through a touchless wash or use one of the do it yourself places with the pressure wands. You can load the car up with the low pressure presoak and that will get most of it off safely. Then you can proceed to the high pressure wash. Thats what I do in the winter. I`m too afraid of using my Spray and Wipe or ONR if there is a lot caked up on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`ve got a foam gun I`d say you`re fine. What I do is a rinse, foam presoak, rinse, 2 bucket wash. If it`s particularly briney I will do a second foam soak and rinse before the buckets. Then I rinse twice (regular, and then sheet), just to be really sure I`ve got the junk off. This is only for the winter washes though. Summer is all ONR/DP unless stripping LSP`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I treat the winter-mess same as any other wash. The initial passes with the BHB/foamgun combo get it off just fine and most all of it gets flushed away so it doesn`t even end up in my rinse bucket. Warm water helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Step 1

As most have suggested, a power washer or pressurized spray will remove the bulk of what`s on the car. Depending on how particular or obsessed you are with the car the next step might be a foam gun. Spray lubberly, allow foam to set for a while then pressure wash it off.

Step 2

Wash and detail as normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Thread Information