Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am a Newbie so let me have it if you have too. I am going to buy a couple of machines, steamers. My goal is to K.I.S.S. by only doing interior auto cleaning. I will be doing this mobile as I have no money to rent a building. My goal would be to drum up some business by doing auto interiors and then let my customers know that I can also clean furniture, floors, matresses and so on with my steamers.

Now I have two questions-

1. Is it feasible or profitable to just offer interior cleaning or detail?

2. Also how do you clean an interior with a steamer that does not extract, where does the dirt go if its not extracted. (carpets and floormats, cloth seats)

Please take it easy on me guys I have been doing research for months and just need a way to go at this point.

Thanks,

Merv

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums!

1. I`d say MAYBE but I think you are doing it wrong. I think you`d be better off starting a carpet and upholstery cleaning company and let those customers know you can do car interiors. But before you did anything I`d take some training and make sure you know what you are doing and are getting the right equipment. you don;t want to show up to someones house using a Bissel they could of bought at Walmart for $40.

2. For the fabric you have to use a clean towel to soak up the dirt and grime. In a nut shell, you steam a small area at a time and lay a towel over the area and press to soak up the dirt. I prefer a white towel so I can see how much it`s pulling out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I dont want to clean carpets. I want to clean items using a steamer. I was looking at buying a VX 5000 and possibly A kleenjet 500 or 1000 to have extraction capabilities.

What would be the best way for someone new in the business to learn. I was going to wing it, buy the machines and start cleaning all my friends cars and my own just to learn. I really don`t want to mess with exterior detailing right now as it seems like it might be even harder to learn and I dont want to ruin anyones paint. It might be an option down the road though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also looking into buying the vx 5000 does anyone have information, pics or videos on it to make my decision easier or should I get another steamer in that price range or less?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think you`d be much better off with a carpet extractor than a steamer.

It`s really all on the person. Personally I`d prefer exterior over interiors any day just because a lot of people are filthy pigs and I feel like I need a bio suit just to sit in the car. hahahaha

I`m not really sure where you are from but there are some good places to learn upholstery cleaning. The more you know the more the customer will trust you. You`ll want know how to treat different types of stains and stuff like that. Also you`ll want to learn about cleaning up things like mold and sanitizing and stuff like that. at least that`s what I`d do if I was going your route.

Thread Information