Post Thanks / Like
    Need some help on detailing a 2000 white 4Runner. My girlfriend`s 4Runner needs some help..BAD! I`m not looking to correct the paint just yet but just looking to mainly restore gloss and protect it for the winter. Any suggestions on how hard or soft the paint is, what works well and what doesn`t, etc. My plan at the moment is as follows:

Foam Gun in first

Then clean with Meg. Gold Class

Clay with some OTC clay bar

Polish with a white pad and Opt Poli-seal (suggestions needed here) using a UDM

Protect with BFWD

then clean the interior the best I can and detail the interior as best as possible

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanuthead
    Need some help on detailing a 2000 white 4Runner. My girlfriend`s 4Runner needs some help..BAD! I`m not looking to correct the paint just yet but just looking to mainly restore gloss and protect it for the winter. Any suggestions on how hard or soft the paint is, what works well and what doesn`t, etc. My plan at the moment is as follows:

Foam Gun in first

Then clean with Meg. Gold Class

Clay with some OTC clay bar

Polish with a white pad and Opt Poli-seal (suggestions needed here) using a UDM

Protect with BFWD

then clean the interior the best I can and detail the interior as best as possible

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you are going to use BFWD, there is no point in using Poli-seal. There could be bonding problems too. I`d use a polish then BFWD or just Poli-seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to use Poli-Seal and BFWD because I already had it. If bonding issues might occur then I`ll just stick with BFWD since she won`t wash it that often. What polsih would anyone recommend then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanuthead
    I was going to use Poli-Seal and BFWD because I already had it. If bonding issues might occur then I`ll just stick with BFWD since she won`t wash it that often. What polsih would anyone recommend then?

You could be fine, but then you could have issues. Poliseal is sooo frickin slick that I can`t even wipe Opti-seal on it without washing it again.

Recommending a polish is hard to do, soooo many out there. If you want to just grab something local, give Swirlx a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone worked on a white 4runner before? Any recommendations on polishes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2000 white 4runner.

I used Meguiars UC and topped with Z2 and was very happy. But most recently I switched to Optimum products, using OP on orange pad, followed by poli-seal on white pad, topped with opti-seal / OCW. Looks great!

Sorry, I forgot to take pictures when it was done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toyotasuvs, where you just trying to correct or just polish it out/make it looks better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hearing Poorboy`s EX-P sealant is well liked for whites. I`m about to try it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last question I think, how many hours should I plan for this from start to finish. I`m thinking somewhere around the 5-8 hours for a wash, clay, polish with OP, then PS, then top with BFWD or OS.

Thread Information