Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

I`m new to detailing so I wanted to get some pro`s advice on repairing the paint on my Jeep Liberty. The car has been in a few minor accidents and has scraped a few concrete barriers. But for the most part, its in decent condition. There are just a few really damaged parts, being mainly the front and rear bumpers.

Front bumper damage:

Rear Bumper damage:

Other noticeable defects:

The scratches seem to be pretty deep where the white is showing, and I think its exposing the primer or a lower coat of my paint on the car. Is there any way to polish that white stuff off and achieve a "smooth" look to the paint again?

Also, what polish(es) would be best at repairing the paint on my car in combination with a 6" Griots random orbital w/ orange griot`s pads.

Thank you for your time,

Lincoln Square

Post Thanks / Like
    Those items are going to need to be repainted. You might try polishing them to make them look a LITTLE better but most of those are gouges.

the sideview mirror should come out though, it appears anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    None of those can be fixed with polish, they all need to be repainted. You also need some driving lessons, layoff the booze or start taking your time when parking, every corner of that car is rashed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response Danase,

I`m going to try filling the minor scrapes using a 3M plastic repair kit this weekend and painting with some touch-up paint that came with the car. Hopefully, that should last me through the winter, after which I`ll be able to have the bumpers repaired and repainted properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    None of those can be fixed with polish, they all need to be repainted. You also need some driving lessons, layoff the booze or start taking your time when parking, every corner of that car is rashed up.

haha, yeah yakky I know i`m not very careful with my jeep. I do, however, try to keep my Jaguar in pristine condition. It hasn`t even been in a minor accident yet!

My baby:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnSquare
    haha, yeah yakky I know i`m not very careful with my jeep. I do, however, try to keep my Jaguar in pristine condition. It hasn`t even been in a minor accident yet!

My baby:

Nice looking ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Unlike the Jeep, this one gets to stay in the garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Jag. Take a look at the Langka blob eliminator stuff at Autogeek. You won`t get the results they claim, but it is a fantastic way to remove the touchup paint if you put on too much. If its your beater, there is not real reason to re-paint the plastic parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip, I`ll stop by Autozone today to see if they have Langka blob eliminator or a similar product. and though I don`t maintain the Jeep`s appearance too well, I try to keep it looking respectable, since I park in front of my own house .

Thread Information