Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I`m pretty paranoid about keeping my seats clean and free of tears / pulls and the like. I know seat covers would be the obvious solution, but I don`t want something that is so cumbersome to take off on a regular basis. That`s when I came across the following:

Instant Seat Protector | Auto & Hardware | SkyMall

Has anyone ever tried these, or have any other suggestions? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Just get a cheap towel and cut a hold in it to go around the headrest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be careful of blocking the side airbag that come with some cars. If you`re blocking it, it will have problems deploying when needed.

I chose to just not use the cover versus not having my airbag deploy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by corrswitch
    Just be careful of blocking the side airbag that come with some cars. If you`re blocking it, it will have problems deploying when needed.

I chose to just not use the cover versus not having my airbag deploy

I agree, that`s also part of the reason I`m hesitant to get seat covers, so I figured this would be an easier solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkme323
    Hey guys, I`m pretty paranoid about keeping my seats clean and free of tears / pulls and the like. I know seat covers would be the obvious solution, but I don`t want something that is so cumbersome to take off on a regular basis. That`s when I came across the following:

Instant Seat Protector | Auto & Hardware | SkyMall

Has anyone ever tried these, or have any other suggestions? Thanks

Car Seat Covers | Waterproof Neoprene Automotive Seat Covers | Wet Okole Hawaii custom made covers for Your`s car and work with side airbags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Just get a cheap towel and cut a hold in it to go around the headrest.

+1 You might be able to find beach towels at a super cheap price at either Walmart or Target right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Wet Okole seat covers on my 2009 Tacoma. They are great. Fit like a glove and look terrific. They do have cutouts for the airbag to deploy. The seat covers are expensive, and I was definitely apprehensive about ordering $500+ seat covers, but I`ve been very happy with the fit and performance. wmb67

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious as to why people would need seat covers in the first place?

Do your cars not have leather seats?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one and I use it. Just make sure if you buy one it has the elastic on the top and bottom so every time you go in and out of your car it doesn`t mess up. The elastic holds it in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m paranoid about my seats, but seat covers look so bad that its worth the risk. Aftermarket replacement leather is pretty fairly priced if you have a major incident, but in reality, if you have some cleanup supplies with you, it shouldn`t be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatB18C
    I`m curious as to why people would need seat covers in the first place?

Do your cars not have leather seats?!

Do you think ever car has leather seats? Even so seat covers protect the seats. Maybe someone works on a construction site all day or in a factory and has to get into there car at the end of the day covered in filth. I`d much rather have to replace a $20 seat cover than to have my seats reupholstered. Plus most seat covers can be tossed into the washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Do you think ever car has leather seats? Even so seat covers protect the seats. Maybe someone works on a construction site all day or in a factory and has to get into there car at the end of the day covered in filth. I`d much rather have to replace a $20 seat cover than to have my seats reupholstered. Plus most seat covers can be tossed into the washer.

If you are that filthy, towels are good, they wash better than seat covers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slawek65
    Car Seat Covers | Waterproof Neoprene Automotive Seat Covers | Wet Okole Hawaii custom made covers for Your`s car and work with side airbags.

I have those on the MPV`s seats, have since new. I *REALLY* like them, and I was pretty concerned about "sitting on rubber", especially in hot weather. Pleasantly surprised that it`s not really an issue.

Problem is, they don`t offer them for every vehicle, much more limited selection than with some othe covers (I`ve tried to get `em for other vehicles with no luck).

But if they make `em for your vehicle, I`d sure give them some serious consideration. They launder up OK in front-loaders too, though that`s not really necessary most of the time.

They *do* keep [stuff] off the seats, and they allow for cloth-upholstered seats in situations where they`d otherwise get ruined in a heartbeat.

Yeah, if towels/etc. aren`t the right answer, I`d get some good seatcovers.

Thread Information