Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    First time poster but head is swimming from reading and absorbing info on wax and sealant/wax combos. To the point, I have an `07 Passat United Grey. Currently I use Optimum Polish (after clay) and Megs 21. Satisfied with this particularly with the Arizona sun and dust. Daily wipedowns with Ca. Car Duster.

Looking to stretch out with Collinite 845 or 476 over the Megs 21. I have read mostly positive about the Collinite but was curious as to performance over the 21 and in particular the oily/smudgy/residual/smearing effects some users report. Any info for compatibility or offers of other waxes to use. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my very tough question about Collinite over Megs 21; Good to know a newb can get great info on this site. So, after reading your advice I applied the Collinite over the 21 and it`s great! Again, many thanks to all who responded!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doh... I`m` sorry no responded to ya... I know I certainly have no excuse, but anyway...

Personally, I wouldn`t top the Megs 21 with anything else. There`s a lot of debate about this, but IMO, the durability of your entire layer of LSP`s is determined by the weakest link in the chain, in this case the 21. If you`re going for durability, the best way is to put the most durable LSP on as your base coat, then the weaker stuff over the top.

Again, I`m really sorry everyone (including me) ignored you.. I hope you`ll come back and let us know how it goes.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Doh... I`m` sorry no responded to ya... I know I certainly have no excuse, but anyway...

Personally, I wouldn`t top the Megs 21 with anything else. There`s a lot of debate about this, but IMO, the durability of your entire layer of LSP`s is determined by the weakest link in the chain, in this case the 21. If you`re going for durability, the best way is to put the most durable LSP on as your base coat, then the weaker stuff over the top.

Again, I`m really sorry everyone (including me) ignored you.. I hope you`ll come back and let us know how it goes.

SB3 you are too funny.

I concur on the weakest link theory. Start with the 476 and top it a few weeks down the road if you must.

And be careful-gentle with the duster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey salty and Super Bee364: Too late, I applied the 845 over the M21 and the shine is amazing! Did my second coat of 845 this A.M. and it`s impressive. You guys make sense, but it seems to me a wax should always go over a sealant. Anyway, 3 months from now and I`m back on it.

Appreciate the input though!

too much coffee out.

Thread Information