Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m ordering 6 to start out....

2 orange

2 white

1 gray

1 red

I tried to pick up two of the pads that I thought I would use the most for cutting and then the other two for just applying wax/sealant....

Is my thinking pretty much on par for what I`ll need starting out, or should I substitute one pad for another?

Post Thanks / Like
    Uber Foam Buffing Pads

Flat pads!

Get some yellow/green/blue/black

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the difference between these and the LC pads?

I`m ordering a bunch of stuff from Autogeeks, so I was wanting to just order strait from them....but if they will work with the PC/5.5 hook and loop backing plate, I don`t really care where I get them from....

But what`s the difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with 4 orange, 2 white, and 1 red. There is no reason for the gray pad in my opinion, and the red is only for applying liquid sealants. The orange pads will wear out much quicker than the white, since you will be cutting harder and longer with the orange than the white. It`s also not a bad idea to pick up a yellow pad for heavier cutting, or just stick with a wool cutting pad.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I dissagree on the black and red pads. Some Menz SIP on a black pad can correct pretty well and finish down beautifully. Also you can do jeweling with the black or red pad. Very useful IMO. I don`t use them frequently, but I do love using them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    I dissagree on the black and red pads. Some Menz SIP on a black pad can correct pretty well and finish down beautifully. Also you can do jeweling with the black or red pad. Very useful IMO. I don`t use them frequently, but I do love using them.

Agreed, I use white and black pad most commonly. I often use M105 on white, good cutting but if finishes awesome. I wouldn`t get anything more aggressive then orange in foam...just grab some PFW, it cuts just as good if not better then yellow but doesn`t make the surface ridiculously hot.
    Boyce Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    so what`s the difference between pads . . . . . i mean i have been using CCS since i first started but i have also been wanting to try out the flat pads as i heard great stuff about them.

They actually look to be a little less expensive as well.

My other question would be is it ok to use a 6.5" pad on a 5" backing plate or would that just be asking for to much trouble of some sort?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    so what`s the difference between pads . . . . . i mean i have been using CCS since i first started but i have also been wanting to try out the flat pads as i heard great stuff about them.

The CCS have the small "pockets" on the face of the pad, which can inadvertently lead to inconsistent breakdown of the compound/polish product.

Flat pads don`t have this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgc
    Whats the difference between these and the LC pads?

I`m ordering a bunch of stuff from Autogeeks, so I was wanting to just order strait from them....but if they will work with the PC/5.5 hook and loop backing plate, I don`t really care where I get them from....

But what`s the difference?

There isnt a difference in the orange white and black LC compared to the UBER orange, green, and blue respectively. They are a private labeling with different colors. Try and find yourself a combo deal and save a couple bucks!

For whatever it is worth to you I have a TON of white pads, I seem to use them most often with a variety of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like the 6.5 pads at all, especially with a 5" backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    get flat pads...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM
    I dont like the 6.5 pads at all, especially with a 5" backing plate.

Could always get a 6.5in flexible backing plate. That`s what I use with my DeWalt. I forget what size the Flex is, but it works fine, too, with 6.5in pads.

Flex 3401 VRG / DeWalt 849, CSS Pads / Collinite Products

2006 Pontiac GTO , 2001 Dodge Durango R/T, 2002 Pontiac GrandAm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ten39
    The CCS have the small "pockets" on the face of the pad, which can inadvertently lead to inconsistent breakdown of the compound/polish product.

Flat pads don`t have this issue.

I wish the first response that suggested the flat pads would have said that or responded....I`ve already placed my order for the LC CCS pads. I`ll eventually buy more pads and will look at the Ubers then.

Thank you for explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by getcha
    There isnt a difference in the orange white and black LC compared to the UBER orange, green, and blue respectively. They are a private labeling with different colors. Try and find yourself a combo deal and save a couple bucks!

For whatever it is worth to you I have a TON of white pads, I seem to use them most often with a variety of products.

I will do that next time I go to order some pads....Thank you, sir

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    get flat pads...

Not to be a ****, but that response was about as much help (less, really) then the first response about flat pads.

I appreciate the two gentlemen who explained about the flat pads backing why it was suggested instead of a response that is supposed to be taken as "because I said so".

Again, not trying to be a ****....but thats not much help. Thanks anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    CGC, im in the same boat as you. i recently ordered a good bit of CSS pads and afterwards i wish i hadnt. I did some research and it seems as many who say they dont like them, there are just as many who do like them. I suggest you do a search in the click and brag section or the before and after section of the forum for css pads. You will find alot of excellent turn arounds used with those pads and they get good reviews from users.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate it SilverQx4.

Yeah, the order is already placed so I`m gonna use them when they get here. I don`t doubt that I will be ordering more pads at another time and will try the flat pads at that point.

I`ve been trying to read a bunch of different things and like you have found that its about a 50/50 split on who likes what pad.

We`ll see what kind of damage I can do once the CCS pads get here...lol

:spot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information