Post Thanks / Like
    So a little about me....

I was just told I was going to be let go by the end of Feb 2010.. Yes almost 5 months down the line but already have me looking for jobs now. I love cars. I love keeping them clean. I have strong detail sense. I was just looking around and doing a lot of research on different products, techniques and everything about detailing.

I was just talking to a co-worker of mine today and just asked him out of the blue to see how much he would pay for....

Hand Wash

Wax

Tire/Wheel

Interior- Vacuum, dash cleaning, Windows

Exterior-Rubber/plastic treatment

All in all I would say about a 4 hr job or so.

He said he would pay $200 b/c He normally takes his vehicle twice a year to a `detailer` that auto wash, vacuum interior, armorall, wheels/tires, wax.. for $180

He then asks me who is offering this service and I told him that I`m thinking of just doing this for extra money for friends/family/ and just word of mouth. Not really a business for say but just for side cash.

Now... he drives a Mazda 3.. Purple/blue color.. I want to tackle this project.

How does this sound?

Wash- Optimum No Rinse

Wax- Meguiars Gold Class

Interior- Meguiars Interior Detailer/ Meguiars APC

Wheels- ONR or Meguiars Wheel cleaner

Windows- Stoners

Rubber/black parts on exterior-Mothers Back to Black

Microfiber towels for drying

All these products I currently use for my own car and have great success. Of course once I clean the vehicle I will futher look into how bad or if the vhicle has swirls and such that needs to be polished out.. clay bar.. etc.. but for now.. that is all that was talked about.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks to be a great start. Sorry to hear about your potential loss. The job market is scary right now . . . .but hopefully the economy turns around by then and you don`t lose your job.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m sure i may have forgotten a thing or two, but here`s some more idea`s...

Wash- Optimum No Rinse

Clay- Megs smooth surface kit, Claymagic kit, or Mothers clay bar kit

Polish- Megs Swirlx and Ultimate Compound (pick up both they will work together if needed)

Wax- Meguiars Gold Class OR NXT 2.0

Tires- Armor All tire shine gel (one bottle lasts forever and is inexpensive)

Interior- Meguiars Interior Detailer

Windows- Stoners

More microfiber towels for paint, interior, wheels, etc...

Foam applicators

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    i`m sure i may have forgotten a thing or two, but here`s some more idea`s...

Wash- Optimum No Rinse

Clay- Megs smooth surface kit, Claymagic kit, or Mothers clay bar kit

Polish- Megs Swirlx and Ultimate Compound (pick up both they will work together if needed)

Wax- Meguiars Gold Class OR NXT 2.0

Tires- Armor All tire shine gel (one bottle lasts forever and is inexpensive)

Interior- Meguiars Interior Detailer

Windows- Stoners

More microfiber towels for paint, interior, wheels, etc...

Yup.. I have Megs Clay kit and ScratchX and Ultimate compound already. :2thumbs:

For Tires I have Meguiars Foam tire Shine. I use it for my vehicle and it lasts a pretty long time too.

I think this would be a nice start to see if I really want to do it on the side and potentially pick up more clients in the future. I also told him that will be my `test dummy` I`m pretty good friends with him aside from just being Co-workers.

I told him it would roughly take 3-4hrs to finish the job . He also knows about claying and polishing and said he would definitely pay more for that b/c he knows how much work is needed. But for the first time he just wanted what is stated above.

Thanks for the help guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you like the meguiars foam tire shine. Does it get caked up or is it water based and comes off easy with some All Purpose Cleaner when cleaning the tires that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    how do you like the meguiars foam tire shine. Does it get caked up or is it water based and comes off easy with some All Purpose Cleaner when cleaning the tires that is.

the nice thing about it is it breaks clear quickly and isn`t hard to clean up. not a bad product at all, but i prefer the AA tire foam instead...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh the Meguiars Foam is great. Doesn`t splatter everywhere when you start driving (even though I don`t drive right away after I wash the car).

I`m just pretty much using what I have for this job. I will post pictures of before and after as well.

Oh, what do you guys use for Upholstry cleaner? I heard Meguiars APC is pretty good. and what about for the carpets?

Thanks!

Thread Information