Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one of the biggest things I see is TW dosen`t have any pro`s on staff like Meg`s and Zanio etc etc etc... No "Real" professional to give their products any sort of credibility. A lab and the ability to mass market your product in Wally world and Targe` does not make a good product. If you honestly think your products compare (or are even better in some cases) to Meg`s and the like then get some good solid people with good solid reputations to really test the products in true professional settings and give hard line honest results. Until you can get this you`ll never be looked at as anything other than run of the mill cheap end OTC products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you guys are really bringing the food for this...............

Post Thanks / Like
    TWax – Welcome to Autopia. You’ll quickly note that members here are all about achieving the absolute best results. TW has, in my opinion, the stereotype of being the cream of the crop of the bottom of the barrel in regards to OTC quality. It will surely take more than your singlehanded effort to convert us to your product line. We typically don’t concentrate our buying efforts on OTC products, not only because of the stigma attached to it, but mostly because 99 times out of 100 there are better products available through our on-line counterparts that cater to our way of thinking (i.e. Autopian). I strongly suggest that you follow the rules by not trying to promote your products. Or else you’ll surely get banned by the moderators. Only time will tell if your true purpose here is to peddle products or open your eyes to other ways of thinking about detailing. On a side note, what does your company do to train, educate and support the professional detailing community? What role do you play at Turtle Wax? To what lengths do your testers/R & D people go to test their products? What is the background of these people? Other than the OTC market, how do you feel your products compare with the high end/boutique product lines out there?

You may find it entertaining to do a search of a banned member named GoudyL. ABove and beyond being an entertaining fellow, we was a strict supporter of your products. He seemed to know them quite well. Almost too well? Do you work with him?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut to the chase..................You asked and you are receiving. Remember what I said about having thick skin on your other post? Heed my words.

Post Thanks / Like
    i personally think ICE "polish" is a good idea, but poor execution... i bought the first version, shortly after it came out, i was 16, and saw the commercials, and thought, thats awesome... its for trim, and paint. but it lasted like a week and a half(which dissapointed me, and i thought how can a 17 dollar bottle of something be so bad, and pretty much gave up on TW... sorry.. brutally honest.. and as someone else already said, i think your express wax lasts longer (which is one of the most durable otc spray waxes i think ive seen by the way, good job with that one). ice doesnt add too much to the look of the paint... if you could make ice better, im and find a way to let the public know that its better, im sure it would sell.. id buy it.

i think your ice wash is very good for OTC too. you could try making something simmilar to meguiars color X, which pretty much eats oxidation... and mabye a fine polish like scratch x, or swirl X..and due away with the rubbing compound in the little plastic "tin" thing... i agree with everyone else, it is the DEVIL, my girlfriends dad tried using it on some bird poop etching, and it cut so deep into his soft toyota clearcoat that it cant be fixed.. making something like that available to the public, is bound to give people many simmilar experiences, which is bad for your guy`s name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless TW just became a sponsor here this thread is going to be pretty short-lived. I`m actually surprised it`s lasted all day.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, that green tub of compound has to go. I get it all the time from clients.(Email Conversation)"Yea, I got a scratch in my car and went down and got a can a TW compound and now its worse, please help." You guys have actually made me quite a bit of money.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to TW Platinum Detail spray. I though that it was one of the best QDs out there. I tried your Express spray a long time ago , and I though that it was no were near as good as TWPUG spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Unless TW just became a sponsor here this thread is going to be pretty short-lived. I`m actually surprised it`s lasted all day.

As long as he is soliciting comments on TW and not pushing them, it will probably be okay.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The one Turtle Wax product that I use and like is CD2 Engine Detailer, but even though it is presented on the TW website, it`s not really marketed as a Turtle Wax product. I presume that TW bought the line some time ago--am I right on that?

I contacted TW support with some questions about CD-2. I was told that I had to contact the CD-2 support division directly, which I did. It was clear that the person with whom I spoke did not know anything at all about the product. She was unable to offer any reliable suggestions on how to properly use the product--clearly she had never detailed an engine before--nor could she address my question whether CD-2 is petroleum-based or not. I subsequently called Stoner and asked them about using their Trim Shine as an engine detailer. The woman with whom I spoke was very knowledgeable about the Stoner products and about detailing.

If TW wants to break into the enthusiast market and compete directly against, say, Meguiar`s, then it will need to develop a strong support system and begin offering detailing instruction for those who want to begin really taking care of their vehicles. IMHO. One reason Meguiar`s enjoys such strong support is because we know the company is there to help us learn how to use their products properly and rescue us when we get ourselves into trouble. Turtle Wax enjoys a lot of shelf space, but it doesn`t give anything to the detailing community, not even to those of us who are just learning about detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it would help if you would drop the "Turtle Wax" name. That just conjures all sorts

of negative images in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    i think TW needs to be more involved in & around more detailing forums, and more in tuned on what`s going on with current products (from other manufacturers as well including boutique) in car care, etc.. the only TW product that i use right now would be the cd-2 engine detailer...

I had to stop buying that when I realized I was paying $6.50 a can.

Quote Originally Posted by bosco381
    I`m waiting for someone to sell decent clay bars at a decent price at a national chain store. I don`t like to buy a bundled package that includes stuff I don`t need, or paying for shipping from online vendors. Say, $10 for two bars at Walmart or Target. Might as well be a TW product.

This. All day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Thanks for all of the responses and comments. Here goes

1. I`m not here to peddle products or use anyone. I`m here to understand why some users like or dislike specific products. I am not pushing TW products, or bashing competitors products. Product performance / results differ from user to user to to all sorts of climate / finish conditions, customer preference and subjective analysis of results. If folks feel they are getting better results with a certain process or product, then so be it.

2. Green tub Polishing Compound: This product fulfills a need for a very specific customer segment with a bad finish. I have tested the product on cars with oxidized finishes. It does its job. Something I do not use on my own car due to the fact that I do not have oxidation.

3. I am in international sales and marketing / operations. What I take from here are lessons in how to better position TW, and develop new products for new or emerging markets. I will also share this info with the domestic staff.

4. Detailing channel specific product line / support: Professional Detail line is interesting. I understand the issue with the help support TW provides. We are aware of it and are working to improve this area.

5. I have no idea who GoudyL is. Some of our competitors "plant" employees on these forums to be brand champions. TW does not and will not do that.

6. Platinum series / Engine Detailer: Sales couldn`t justify continuing the products. Platinum was a good product. However, we couldn`t get the volume.

I have no issue with people being frank. I prefer it. Thanks again.

That`s a start I think. I`ll get to more later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a pro. I only recently started detailing cars. Prior to that, I washed my car with dish soap, scoured it down with an old bath towel to dry it and threw on two layers of one of your products (polish? wax? I don`t know).

Although I`m not a pro or as hardcore as a lot of people around here, I do have perspective as a consumer.

Assuming that you make a product to compete with the Zainos and Optimums of the world, you need to come up with a name for the product line. Platinum ain`t going to work. Maybe something like Turtle Wax Pro Line.

Then, if its easy to apply and not that expensive, market to the general public. "The polish that the pros use" or somesuch. To say that legitimately, you need to court the professional community. Everybody loves free stuff. These guys care about their work. I`m sure that if you make a good product, some of them will use it.

You might be able to find an OTC market for something like that, one that will support the product line.

Just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just came across this history of the Turtle Wax company. It makes for an interesting read.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information