Post Thanks / Like
    i am interested in getting a whole new set up for detailing my daily driver.

it is a 2001 A4 saronite blue.

i have use a clay bar on it in the past and use a washing soap from a stand alone detailing shop which it has a wax all ready in it, but i want to get a nice set up that will last me a long time.

I have been looking up products and been looking at the Wolfgang Concours Polishing Kit it includes the flex 3401 which from what i have researched is a great orbital.

i am looking for a good wax as well. nothing over the 100 to 150 dollar range.

have been told that keeping with the same products is a good choice. So i have been looking at the Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba.I am just looking for some info. i would still call my self new at doing this so any info would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at AutoGeek`s package on the 3401 Wolfgang. Get the 3.0 sealant and then top with Fuzion. If you prep the paint correctly the 3.0/Fusion combo will make your jaw drop. Get the mini Fuzion as there are so many great waxes out there, you may want to try several.

Post Thanks / Like
    What Legacy said is a great option for ya. Plus there is enough chemical to do your own personal car several times in this kit. Wolfgang products are top notch.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to find the best combo is probably the worst part. But once you find the one it will take your breath away

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used the ~$100 waxes before, though I can tell you that M16 (or NXT) topped with M26 is considered one of the most beautiful and durable combos around. You can get both for ~$27 total.

Post Thanks / Like
    The kit it`s self has the 3.0 paint sealant so i would just have to get the wax. and i was thinking of clay baring as well. might as well go all out and do it the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    one more thing.

the grit guards that go on the bottom of the washing bucket to remove dirt from your washing mitt. are they worth it or just keep using the two bucket method. (i.e. on bucket for the soap and one to clean the mitt out)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigra
    one more thing.

the grit guards that go on the bottom of the washing bucket to remove dirt from your washing mitt. are they worth it or just keep using the two bucket method. (i.e. on bucket for the soap and one to clean the mitt out)

Get two of them and continue using the two bucket method. The less of a chance of grit being introduced to your mitt, the better.

Post Thanks / Like
    For someone new to machine polishing I recommend a kit from Adam`s Polishes. They have made it "puddin` simple". Use the orange product (Swirl and Haze Remover - most aggressive) on an orange pad (most aggressive), the white product (Fine Machine Polish) on the white pad, and to finish, the black product (Super Machine Wax - really a sealant) on the black pads.

When you get comfortable with the products, pads, and machine you can mix them up a little for different cut levels. After you`re past the newbie stage, try other vendor`s products and pads, and you`ll already have a 6" backing plate.

Thread Information