Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this thread by using the Search function after entering "dum *** noob questions".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ
    I found this thread by using the Search function after entering "dum *** noob questions".

Heh heh, I got a kick out of that :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that there is no one single person here who knows everything about detailing, that`s why we are here to read and learn from others :-D Great post!

Post Thanks / Like
    great post glad i didnt do that lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    It isn`t necessarily the product but how the detailer uses the product. Besides, the guy down the street isn`t using $90 a gallon Meguiars #105 or #205.

Meguiars turned this:

Into this...

In defense of Scott wax I was at the Nethercutt Museum the other day. It is home of some of the most expensive cars in the world including many Pebble beach concouse winners. They use Megs #26 to wax their cars and Megs Ultimate Detailer for touch ups

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on this thread alone. As a noob, I am learning already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post. As a noob, I thank you all for the education.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a noob I really appreciate this thread as well! I just found I have clearcoat failure on my black 04 G35 hwell: Not too pumped about! I`m not sure if it was too much sun or a bad cutting compound session last year, but I am definitely anxious to educate myself more on this skill. Thanks again for your time and effort to share this valuable information! Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    great post scott!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading this or any other articles will not improve your detailing skills, lead to a successful business or change your life. Applying what you learn from it, however, will. That`s where your commitment comes in - you need to make a commitment to yourself right now that you will take action on what you learn.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoysautospa
    Well Scott I can`t believe you use ANY Meguires products as a professional detailer. It just really amazes me.

I use a chemist to make all of my compounds sealants etc. If you want to be on the cutting edge in this business you have to have what the other guy down the street doesn`t have or can do.

Hence the word Professional.....not week end warrior.

You have never heard the phrases "work smarter, not harder" and "a fool and his money are soon parted"?

Many of the exceptional detailers who post here use Meguiars products as well as Chemical Guys, 3D, 3M, Mothers.

One can have somebody custom formulate any and all detailing supplies exclusively for them, but if they don`t have the tools, skills and expereience, these custom formulations can still have hack job results.

Post Thanks / Like
    My advice to a newbie... If you tried a product and you aren`t getting the expected results, chances are good the fault was yours and not the product. Until you learn a product you won`t know what it is capable of. Before jumping to wet sanding to remove swirls, how about you try a few more times with better technique. Technique doesn`t pour out of a bottle, I`d be willing to bet that any professional detailer here can get results with the product(s) you were using. It`s the technique/process that works the magic. Learn the products and more importantly develop your techniques.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1. I agree with everything listed here!

MODS can we make this a STICKY?

Post Thanks / Like
    to this thread, i honestly think, find a good cutter combined with a pad, yellow for a average medium cut or go lambswool, with a cutting agent, i think Farecla is good, or even Kittens cutting compound, it doesnt leave white dust particles after buffing off with micro-fibre towel. as you finish cutting all light scratches and oxidisation, then go for a good polish, i use

Autoglym Fluororesin polish... if their are swirls, before adding polish, add meguairs Swirl-X remover before polish.... thats for a easy cut & Polish..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information