Thread: White paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi guys!!

i need some advice! i have a 2008 mazdaspeed 3 color:white pearl

ive always used Meguiar products and always been happy..would like try something better

im about to do a whole detail job on this car and would like some advice on what products will be best for a white car..i want my white to pop out!! thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a white Chevy Monte Carlo SS and last year i used Menzerna but this year I used Meguiars. I think that the Menzerna did a better job in making the white paint sparkle. I had used Menzerna IP & FPII. As for Megs, I used 105 & 205.

I also used DWG- this stuff is awesome on white.

For LSP - i used Megs 16 bc I have read on here that it really makes white paint bright.

I have mixed feelings about Megs 16. Its good but I think that there are better waxes like Collinite 915 or CMW. It also depends if u r looking for durability or just looks. I f u r going to wax ur car every month, then use a beauty wax like Pinnacle or Zymol. If u r looking for durability, then go with Collinite or Megs 16 or even DG.

There are many choices. Try searching

Post Thanks / Like
    MazdaSpeed3- Welcome to Autopia!

The way I view it, clearcoat is clearcoat, no matter what basecoat color it`s over the big thing is to make it reflect light and that means polishing out any marring. Yeah, white hides such stuff but the flaws still make it look less-than-swell. So figure out your lighting to where you can treat it like it was black

The only diff for white is that I wouldn`t bother trying for "depth" or "jetting" but would rather try for a bright, reflective look. So I`d go with a sealant or, if you want to use a wax, something like Collinite 476S (not the more carnauba-rich 915).

If you can find the #16 that detail1 mentioned, IMO it looks very nice on most varieties of pearl white.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree^^^^^. I own two white cars and just like any other color getting the defects out is the key to gloss. I`ve tried nubas and sealants on my white cars and have noticed no real difference in look.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Megs M105 and Menzerna Power Gloss. When I used M105 I followed up with Optimum polish, Power Gloss got 85RD.

I then applied 3 layers of UPGP. Looks very slick and wet.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed3
    hi guys!!

i need some advice! i have a 2008 mazdaspeed 3 color:white pearl

ive always used Meguiar products and always been happy..would like try something better

im about to do a whole detail job on this car and would like some advice on what products will be best for a white car..i want my white to pop out!! thanks!!

What Meguiars products have you used? And what exactly do you feel could be better about them?

Did a quick search for "white paint"

http://www.autopia.org/forum/search....archid=3295135

Plenty of gems.

Personally, I enjoy VM, EX-P, then Nattys Blue. Great combo for white.

Thread Information