Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have been lurking around for at least 8 months, and finally got time (money) to do this. Since I dont want to do this as a business (friend`s cars in future) I wondered if some of you detailing Gods can point me in right direction. I am trying to buy products specifically for my 01 camry (antique grey metallic). I am curious if there are any waxes etc. special just for metallic, grey cars. I know I will get PC 7424xp (not stupid to get rotary) obviously pads, but that`s where I kinda stop, way too many colors to choose from. And to make it worse, I have read the relabelling thread yesterday, kind of the reason why I am posting this, that made reconsider all my options and start from scratch. I dont oppose anything other than $100+ waxes.

Thanks everybody:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    to start.. get 3 each of both the white and orange pads (most prefer 5.5") and make sure to get a 5" backing plate too. like microfiber towels, you can never have enough pads...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    to start.. get 3 each of both the white and orange pads (most prefer 5.5") and make sure to get a 5" backing plate too. like microfiber towels, you can never have enough pads...

Thank you

I know that green is too aggressive, heard about orange a lot and ofcourse white, so there is really no need for the others? blue black red etc?

I have also read that 5.5" and/or bigger pads are hard for PC to push, so 4" is the best to stay with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noob86
    Thank you

I know that green is too aggressive, heard about orange a lot and ofcourse white, so there is really no need for the others? blue black red etc?

I have also read that 5.5" and/or bigger pads are hard for PC to push, so 4" is the best to stay with?

generally orange and white are the workhorses (most often used) and if you want to apply glazes/lsp`s, you can get the other pads as well. 4" pads (you`ll need to get a smaller backing plate as well) are good for spot correction and getting in areas where the bigger pads can`t, but i wouldn`t really use them to polish out a whole car...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so then I should get Orange and white in 5.5" (3 of each) and then for swirl removal etc. 4" yellow? Thanks a lot for taking your time and patience to reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so then I should get Orange and white in 5.5" (3 of each) and then for swirl removal etc. 4" yellow? Thanks a lot for taking your time and patience to reply

get three 5.5" orange and white pads, and two of each color in the 4" size as well. my next pad order will be with PAC, i like the fact (and want to try out) they have the pads with the constant foam backing to keep the pressure even...

Lake Country 4" inch Flat Polishing Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    get three 5.5" orange and white pads, and two of each color in the 4" size as well. my next pad order will be with PAC, i like the fact (and want to try out) they have the pads with the constant foam backing to keep the pressure even...

Lake Country 4" inch Flat Polishing Pads

Thanks, then that is what I am going to do.

3 x 5.5 orange pads

3 x 5.5 white pads

2 x 4 orange pads

2 x 4 white pads

plus backing plates for a both the sizes

Any different colors?

I cant see any difference between finessing and finishing pads other than color?

Could you please explain that to me?

Post Thanks / Like

3 x 5.5 orange pads

3 x 5.5 white pads

2 x 4 orange pads

2 x 4 white pads

I dunno...I`d skip the 5.5" orange pads.

Any different colors?

I cant see any difference between finessing and finishing pads other than color?

Could you please explain that to me?

You *might* want a few finishing pads but I don`t know whether they`re really necessary..I don`t know from Toyota paint.

The diffs include porosity and how firm/soft the foam is. As for whether those are *functional* diffs, eh...in many cases :nixweiss

I would keep this simple for now. And along those lines, I think I`d suggest that you just get M205 and some LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I dunno...I`d skip the 5.5" orange pads.

You *might* want a few finishing pads but I don`t know whether they`re really necessary..I don`t know from Toyota paint.

The diffs include porosity and how firm/soft the foam is. As for whether those are *functional* diffs, eh...in many cases :nixweiss

I would keep this simple for now. And along those lines, I think I`d suggest that you just get M205 and some LSP.

Thank you,

:2thumbs:

M205 it is then

LSP (Last Step Product)

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you,

:2thumbs:

M205 it is then

LSP (Last Step Product)

Any suggestions?

Given the way M205 behaves differently given the pad, I think that`ll work out OK for you.

For LSP I`d again keep it simple; Collinite wax works well and protects OK with just one coat.

Post Thanks / Like

3 x 5.5 orange pads

3 x 5.5 white pads

2 x 4 orange pads

2 x 4 white pads

sounds good...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Given the way M205 behaves differently given the pad, I think that`ll work out OK for you.

For LSP I`d again keep it simple; Collinite wax works well and protects OK with just one coat.

Thank you

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good...

Thanks for your help

Thread Information