Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there just wondering on my truck when i get in it when you open the door down by the bottom of the inside door mine are all scratched and kind of looks like scruff marks like my truck is black but that area kind of looks grayish white from so many marks. I guess it from when i get in the truck but is this normal or what. And is there any way to remove the scratches from it. And when i clean the door jambs and around the door i use meguiars uqd you dont think that scratched it do you. There usually is some dirt when i use it.

I have attached a picture for you guys to show you what i mean the picture is from ebay same truck just mine is black.

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody know

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Meg`s Ultimate compound with a mf towel. Don`t QD when there is dirt on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought thats what everybody uses on door jambs. what should i use then

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer785
    i thought thats what everybody uses on door jambs. what should i use then
    It`s not that you can`t use a QD on your jams. It`s the dirt that`s the problem. Get a wet mf or sponge and clean first. Why not polish your jams, seal with Aqua Wax or even a wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my door jambs (white car=black scuffs), I used TR3 with very good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody else

Post Thanks / Like
    I treat the doorjambs of my vehicles exactly the same as the rest of the painted areas. I wash them with the same stuff (BHBs, mitts, but OK..I seldom use the foamgun in there), I polish them the same way, I LSP them the same, and I don`t touch them any more than I would the hood of the car.

I`d clean them, polish and LSP them, and then quit scuffing them with your feet. Sorry if that sounds :nono but it seems your doorjambs are taking an awful beating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes you can`t help it. My car was perfect in the odd spots until the mechanics who inspected the car kept scuffing their feet on the sill. It only took one time but now I have taped my passenger side with a couple layers of painters tape in case someone gets in. Same with the drivers side if someone has to get in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    getcha- In cases like that, a meeting with the service manager and perhaps even the owner of the dealership is in order. When I got some barely discernable marring on one of my vehicles, I made sure it`d never happen again...and it hasn`t.

If a dealership/shop employee damages one of my vehicles, that business has a problem. Of course, if they just don`t care about your business that`s another matter, so I make sure to have "the big talk" with them before they get near my vehicle. I talk with not only the service manager, but also the techs who`ll be working on it- *direct personal responsibility*, accept it or don`t get near my stuff.

My wife and I have both taught a *LOT* of techs how to open/close hoods/etc. and we`ve also specified who is/isn`t allowed to touch our vehicles. Just gotta be firm but polite about it...but again, it`s all for naught if the shop just doesn`t care so you gotta find the right shop(s).

Thread Information