View Poll Results: do you really care about water run off?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

14 13.86%
  • no

87 86.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you really care about water run off
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    To a degree. Runoff from someone washing their car doesnt bother me as much as run off from some toxic generating factory of some sort

EDIT: I should care more about all run off period. Even rain water rinsing oil and crap off into the storm drains. If any of you have ever kept a sal````er aquarium you would know how the tiniest little change in your water will completely through off the equilibrium and could kill everything in your tank. it doesnt take much to mess things up

Post Thanks / Like
    For future voters I`m talking about car washing.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    None of the products I use are toxic. I use very little water to wash my car since I use a pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no hippie or anything, I just wanted to make the point because I see some people are a little misinformed.

It doesn`t matter so much that your chemicals are enviromentally friendly. I mean, that`s a good thing ofcourse, BUT, what does matter is what youre cleaning off. Even if your degreaser is as enviromentally friendly as water, that`s kind of shadowed by the fact that the sludge that`s coming off the engine you`re degreasing is pretty bad.

Btw barry, is there a story/reaso to go along with this poll or was it just something to spark conversation?

I didn`t vote because I`m kind of in the middle. I am aware of it while cleaning my car/others cars and do my best to prevent excess run off but at the same time its not like I have some water reclamation mat or anything. And even than, its not like I`m cleaning/degreasing fleets of vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    not even in the slightest.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. What runs off the roads when it rains is so much more toxic (motor oil, coolant, transmission fluid, trash, etc) that I feel it is a huge waste of time banning run-off from car washing. Problem is, there is no money in reducing run-off when it rains but there is in car washing through fines and sales tax on water containment systems.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Scott said. Millions and millions of cars driving around everyday laying down oil and burnt fuel on the roads, only to be washed down the storm drains everytime it rains. Add on the planes, trucks and boats. In terms of percentages of dirty runoff from detailers would probably be 0.0000000001 of the total.

No one is saying that if it makes you feel better about yourself than you shouldn`t capture that runoff. But in terms of reality you are not making a difference. When cars start wearing diapers then maybe I will think about laying down a mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    The solution to the pollution is the dilution. Considering the amount of water used to conventionally wash a car and the role the soap plays, the run off is not an issue worth getting concerned about.

Post Thanks / Like
    nope

//10char

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Nope. What runs off the roads when it rains is so much more toxic (motor oil, coolant, transmission fluid, trash, etc) that I feel it is a huge waste of time banning run-off from car washing. Problem is, there is no money in reducing run-off when it rains but there is in car washing through fines and sales tax on water containment systems.

Yeah, and that`s not even mentioning all the brake and tire dust...and flaking clearcoat from non-Autopians :p

Post Thanks / Like
    I could 2 sharts about water runoff. The government can take my guns before they take my bucket & powerwasher. :bat
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope not at all.....

Post Thanks / Like
    No, Car washing products break down very easily when mixed with rain water.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t even give it a passing thought. If more people spent Saturday mornings in their driveway washing their vehicles, the world would be a better place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information