Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Well as many of you know about a month ago I decided to offer a free Paint Correction Training class. Over the past month of receiving tons of pm’s, emails, and phone calls the day finally came. I’ll admit I was really excited about doing this and couldn’t wait. On the morning of the event I was a little nervous. This was the first event I hosted and wanted everything to be right. I wanted everyone to learn enough to take with them and hopefully gain some knowledge from what I have learned over the years. Hopefully everyone who had attended learned something. So the day came there were about 12- 15 guys in my shop and we got down to business. The event was entirely about paint correction as stated. Once everyone got introduced to each other , we got situated and began to get to business. From clay baring to sanding , compounding and polishing. It was an event full day. Thanks to all the great sponsor’s Everyone had some goodies to leave with then we did a drawing for some larger items from each vendor. At this time I would like to Thank all the vendors who supplied samples for this to happen. In no special order Meghan from Autogeek.com was the first I approached about helping out., after several pm’s threw Autopia.org Meghan sent samples of some of the nicest PBMA products available. Ranging from several pads to a t-shirt samples from Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Lake Country and several other things. Meghan Thank You for everything that you had provided! My shop wall wants to thank you for the Banner! During the weeks I had contacted Steve Goldman the owner of Ardex Laboratories, and asked if he could maybe send some samples of the products I use from them. So Steve kindly sent A gallon of 1500 compound and a gallon of 1000 compound. Along with 4 ounce samples of each one. Also he sent There new Nano Sealant. Then during all this excitement Several weeks ago I got an email from Kevin Brown who offered to help out with some Meguiars products. Then Kevin Brown got Jason Rose involved who is the Field Marketing Manager for Meguiars Professional Products. Between the two of the guys we had pads backing plates and Quarts of M105,M205,M95 and the Solo cut and cream. Along with Packets of paper ranging from 1500 - 2500 At this time I would like to personally thanks each and everyone of our sponsors for all of your kindly gifts! I know everyone there loved it. It was nice to be able to do this for everyone. Next I had DJ Mayo from Reflections Detailing in Virgina contact me and offer his services. Although at this point I had never talked to DJ we began to talk on the phone and he mentioned he had done several training classes for various car clubs and car forums. I thought his experience would be nice. I knew his work was top notch from his posts. So I came to the conclusion that DJ’s Experience was just another great thing for this event. I’m so glad DJ contacted me, not only as a detailer his work is top notch, but on a personal and professional level DJ is an outstanding individual. I feel I gained a friendship with him that will last. DJ thanks not only for your support during all this, but thanks for being a great guy. I know everyone who had attended was thrilled to have you there. The other nice thing about this was people brought Various polishers so we had a chance to now see them all in action and hold and feel them! I found this was also a nice topic because we can only read so much, but to be able to hold them and play with them was just great! Many of attendees brought drinks and snacks with was another big addition to the training class. Also thanks to Eli and Alex for all the great photos you provided me! Anyway lets get to the pics!

A big thanks again to our sponsers

Here is DJ and I pointing out some Defects During the sanding process!

Here I was showing something lol I think I look good doing whatever it was at this point lol

Here is some polishing action going on

Doing some porter cable polishing

Here is DJ working his Magic!

Here is a shot of me using an antique Remington Buffer Nothing like a 25lb Rotory that only spins at 4500 rpms how did people hold this thing? You can tell if you look closely it made me sweat! lol

Here DJ is showing some cross hatching sanding techniques!

More of DJ exsplaing something. Not sure what it was, but I’m sure it was extremely knowledgeable!

Me being lazy leaning on the car talking with the guys!

No clue here what this is about, but I’m sure I was exsplaing something good!

The Defects being pointed out.

Here DJ asked me to beg for some money as He was working so hard lol Again I was explaining something here as DJ was sanding away!

At the end of the day we gained some depth and clarity out of all of this….

As the end of the day neared we began to wrap things up.

To all of you who had attended thank you for coming and allowing me to gain some knowledge on educating others. Like I said before this is my passion and I enjoyed the entire day. It was nice to meet each and everyone of you. May all you be blessed!

Thanks Again,

Barry E Theal

Presidential Details
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    man that would have been an awesome thing to attend. looks like you did a great job getting it organized and put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel3507 it was a great day!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s awesome. Planning any trips north, Barry? Wish someone as experienced as yourself offered something like this around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jopa489
    That`s awesome. Planning any trips north, Barry? Wish someone as experienced as yourself offered something like this around here.

Actually I`m planning sometime here if things slow down a little I want to get up north to actaully meet rickrack and rydawg, but that will be a work day. thanks.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad to see you and DJ get together to teach others the fine art of paint correction. It sounds like it was a good time.

I also appreciate the photo you and DJ texted to me afterwards showing me that I am #1!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it was a blast there Barry. Congrats on the turnout

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for all of the time and effort put into this, Barry and DJ. It was a blast and I learned more than I could have ever expected.

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    bufferbarry- Not surprised that it went so well What *was* a nice surprise is how so many vendors came through with all those products!

Good timing, having redone your shop recently huh? Everything`s looking good.

Heh heh, how many times did you have to recharge that SunGun?!?

Now get that Remington`s cord over your shoulder and up off of the fender Heh heh, sorry, I couldn`t resist...

Man, it was simply GREAT that you put that together. I bet people are already looking forward to the next one. Job well done :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    nice turnout...

whos car?
    GLENN | BLACK PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thats Fresh
    nice turnout...

whos car?

In the backyard of Barry`s shop is an Auto Body shop and the owner was kind enough to lend the car to Barry for him to do whatever he wanted to the paint as long as he washed all of the products off of the paint at the end.

It was a $500 clunker plymouth with heavy oxidation all over the trunk and roof. The hood and doors however had paint that was in pretty good condition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyz
    In the backyard of Barry`s shop is an Auto Body shop and the owner was kind enough to lend the car to Barry for him to do whatever he wanted to the paint as long as he washed all of the products off of the paint at the end.

It was a $500 clunker plymouth with heavy oxidation all over the trunk and roof. The hood and doors however had paint that was in pretty good condition

So heavily oxidized in those areas that paint can not be rescued.

It was a great class!

The gallery I put up with the photographs.

NoName Studios :: Barry`s Class

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job doing this for the community.

Alexia also gets kudos for a spectacular job taking and posting pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC17
    I`m glad to see you and DJ get together to teach others the fine art of paint correction. It sounds like it was a good time.

I also appreciate the photo you and DJ texted to me afterwards showing me that I am #1!

Todd it was a awesome time. And you are number one in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Looks like it was a blast there Barry. Congrats on the turnout
    Thanks jakers it was a good time

Quote Originally Posted by MAXSE2kMT
    Thanks again for all of the time and effort put into this, Barry and DJ. It was a blast and I learned more than I could have ever expected.

-Mike

your welcome mike I`m glad you learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    bufferbarry- Not surprised that it went so well What *was* a nice surprise is how so many vendors came through with all those products!

Good timing, having redone your shop recently huh? Everything`s looking good.

Heh heh, how many times did you have to recharge that SunGun?!?

Now get that Remington`s cord over your shoulder and up off of the fender Heh heh, sorry, I couldn`t resist...

Man, it was simply GREAT that you put that together. I bet people are already looking forward to the next one. Job well done :xyxthumbs

the vendor turnout was amazing. The shop is getting there I still have to do something with the ceiling and finish the wet bay area. I charge the gun the night before so we got our use of it! You know I use to throw the cord over my shoulder by a few years back I seen a guys cord fall and hit his wheel and it was bad. So no more for me! I tried my best hopefully these guys were thankfull ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thats Fresh
    nice turnout...

whos car?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia
    So heavily oxidized in those areas that paint can not be rescued.

It was a great class!

The gallery I put up with the photographs.

NoName Studios :: Barry`s Class

Quote Originally Posted by AKOZ
    Great job doing this for the community.

Alexia also gets kudos for a spectacular job taking and posting pics.

Alex and eli both did great jobs on the photos!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job Barry. I applaud you for putting that together. I would certainly like to attend your next class. Just let me know when it is
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information