I had my fenders rolled on my car to fit larger wheels. Upon doing so, the guy ground off paint on the lip of the fender, rolled it up, and spray painted the bare metal to seal it off. I was shocked to see that he didn`t mask off the car, but since I knew nothing about paint work, I assumed he knew what he was doing.

Here`s a video of the overspray in action:

YouTube - MVI 4426 noaudio

3 weeks later, I washed my car and it feels like light-grit sandpaper in random areas--but covers about half the car. Testing out possible solutions, I waxed a small area of the rear door with Meguiar`s Gold Class. It restored 75% of the smoothness. It also took the spray paint`s red color off into my buffing cloth.

I`ve searched around this resourceful forum and found that clay-barring the car will do the job. My question is, with all the claybars out there varying in aggressiveness, which one do you recommend to remove this kind of overspray? I don`t have much experience with claybar either, except Zaino`s yellow clay, which I have one new bar of sitting in my garage (it`s also 5yrs old). Is that one a good enough grade to do the job?