Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, I am sure you`ve all seen the new autogeek website which combines their previous brands into one shopping cart etc...?

I have a small peeve, I know they are a major sponsor and I risk getting banned for saying this but here it goes:

I got an email offering 15% off orders over $95 with free shipping. So I checked around the site looking for the PC 7424XP. To my amazement it was $10 more than on autogeek. But here is the kicker, Autogeek will price match, a competing website sells the XP for $109 while the new site sells it for $129. Do a bit of math here, 129 * 0.85 = 109!!. When I saw that I felt as if they really thought I was stupid or something. I know they need to make money too but it seems a little wrong to tell me to go to your new site where the price is marked up but lo and behold with your "discount" it`s matched to a competitors price!

Especially given that we frequent these forums and are known to buy a lot of this stuff. They know they`ll get their money from us being "enthusiasts" and all so why play this type of game on the things like the PC??

Chances are you send people like us an e-mail like that and we`ll go and buy something like the PC and a bunch of other stuff giving you ample opportunity to make up the profit difference in everything else, towels... polishes... etc....

But worse of all is, you know as well we will price shop, people who frequent these forums also buy at those places and they KNOW what the correct pricing is, so again why this game??

If anyone else can chime in it would be greatly appreciated. I hope I don`t get banned and that this can bring out some construction discussion.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just not getting all the different stores? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke,

I think you are missing the point of a price match guarantee. Go anywhere and find a lower price, and either buy it there or get it for the same price at Autogeek with free shipping. If you can`t find a lower price anywhere, then I guess they have low competitive prices, lol? Get it? Autogeek is a great place to get detailing supplies.

How about this deal?

Post Thanks / Like
    The pricematch isn`t my main "beef". My thing is, ok you have an introductory sale, and people are already familiar with who you are, they are going to expect the prices to be the same.

Example, Autogeek price: $119, so knowing this I see an email like I got saying 15% off to open the new store, knowing that Autogeek sells the thing for $119 I am going to expect the new website to also sell it for $119. I would expect to get 119 - 15%. Except when I look at the actual price on the NEW site, it`s $129 coming from the SAME people (just different site) and when you do the math that comes out to $109 which is the competitors price. Point in case, it`s a little deceptive. It`s a mark up to match the discount.

We know companies do this when they have sales but I feel like Autogeek knows who a large chunk of their customers are (us) and should know we would pick up on these types of things...

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke,

My point is that you simply can`t get any detailing product that they sell cheaper anywhere else. That is a pretty good retailer. Anything else is a mute point IMO. If you have to choose to have a beef on some marketing strategy or a pricing issue on one item, that`s your right I`m sure. Have a good night..

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they are trying to catch people who aren`t paying attention. To see if they will pay a higher price.

You know how many people never bother to see if the company they are dealing really has the lowest price. Many buy and forget about it.

I know what you`re saying when I was buying a lot of stuff from them, their Wolfgang and Pinnacle website had cheaper prices/shipping than their Autogeek site.

Just find the cheapest price and they will match it. As long as the products in stock. PBMA are good people from my experience and dealings with them.

By the way ask for samples.

Post Thanks / Like
    testtttttttt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever
    The pricematch isn`t my main "beef". My thing is, ok you have an introductory sale, and people are already familiar with who you are, they are going to expect the prices to be the same.

Example, Autogeek price: $119, so knowing this I see an email like I got saying 15% off to open the new store, knowing that Autogeek sells the thing for $119 I am going to expect the new website to also sell it for $119. I would expect to get 119 - 15%. Except when I look at the actual price on the NEW site, it`s $129 coming from the SAME people (just different site) and when you do the math that comes out to $109 which is the competitors price. Point in case, it`s a little deceptive. It`s a mark up to match the discount.

We know companies do this when they have sales but I feel like Autogeek knows who a large chunk of their customers are (us) and should know we would pick up on these types of things...

Duke4ever if you can send me a link with the item your referring to i`ll look into it. All prices are to be the same unless they are on sale. The main thing we have done with the launching of the ACE site is just consolidated the 3 sites into 1 and at the same time added the Cobra and DP products since they are also PBMA brands.
    Jason
    Jason@palmbeachmotoring.net
    PBMG

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to agree with YoMike.

I don`t have any beef, I just don`t get all the different sites. I`m sure there`s some marketing reason for it, but why not just put everything on autogeek and have one site to maintain and one place to shop. I don`t see the point of a Cobra site and a Pinnacle site, etc.

Probably just my simple brain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jason@autogeek
    Duke4ever if you can send me a link with the item your referring to i`ll look into it. All prices are to be the same unless they are on sale. The main thing we have done with the launching of the ACE site is just consolidated the 3 sites into 1 and at the same time added the Cobra and DP products since they are also PBMA brands.

Can we get a link to the new site? How is it different than Autogeek?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Can we get a link to the new site? How is it different than Autogeek?

This is it:

Pinnaclewax.com - All Your Auto Care Essentials In One Place

I`m not really sure where the "ACE" and "Auto Care Essentials" labeling comes from, as it`s certainly not the main URL for this new storefront, just used in some logos here and there. Apparently PBMA/AG sees the Pinnacle line as the bread winner of their "house" product lines?

I`d have to agree with some of the above posters- all of this adds yet another odd layer to the PBMA/AG merchandising model. FWIW, if I`m a new customer and detailing enthusiast with no knowledge of your company, I`m less likely to make an online purchase through a firm that has multiple faces for the same overall product offering. It seems kind of chintzy, and just doesn`t pass the smell test. I`m not saying that`s my opinion as of right now, after becoming active on autopia and seeing your presence and reputation, but it would have been had I had no prior knowledge of your firm.

Condense it all down under the autogeek.com url/storefront, and call it a day.

Just my $.02, which is probably worth more like $.01.:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is I ordered from autogeek and never had any issues. In fact they are outstanding people there. With me sometimes its not always about the price its about the customer service and dedication. I got my order fast, accurate. no complications what so ever. I can say good job to autogeek!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I too got this email yesterday about the new store. I sighed with sorrow as PBMA still dont just have a straight up UK store so we dont get all the products in all the prices and when are the XMT line getting here!

Atleast i wont have to visit a few sites to find the best deals!? :nixweiss

When in the USA i have found Autogeek to be very good. Maybe this is a one off mistake, they do sell a lot of products?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok guys, I didn`t say there was anything wrong with the service etc... I was pointing out a price irregularity which I interpreted as being intentional as a marketing technique. I sent jason a PM. Also I too have ordered from AG without any problems. Also what ten39 said I agree with. When I first came across all the PBMA sites I was very hesitant to order from them because I felt like there was something wrong with all this multifaceted labeling. I ended up ordering from AG because of what I read on these forums.

From a software developers POV, I would probably consolidate the site into one main system possibly in house and have one mega store where the user can decide if they want to see only say Pinnacle or Wolfgang store or whatever sort of like Amazon`s sub store concept. It would probably build a tremendous web presence as a god of detailing my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information