Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyone else besides me that thinks that manufacturers should, in this day and age be showing us how to use their products? Certianly streaming video and u tube have lowered the cost to where any size company can accomplish this without breaking the bank.

I recently attended a detailing weekend event at Poorboys in Nyack, NY. I got a great education on how to use their products and in detailing in general. I guess that if I was not lucky to hear about it and close enought to drive there I would still be using polishes wrong and trying to correct with the wrong equipment and pads.

Video`s show you what a 300 word post can`t convey. I guess some poeple learn better hands on and others from a manual.

My biggest problem was I was not breaking down the polishes enough or working them long enough. In addition, I was not applying enough pressure. I was always afraid of taking off too much clear coat.

I was lucky enought to have a great experience at PB`s and now they have a loyal customer. If you can educate someone, show them how to be sucessfull with your product, you have them hooked(IMHO).

Will I ever try another product in the future? When a new technology emerges that get good reviews from people I respect I am sure I will, but for the foreseeable future I have enough product to do my cars many many times over.

I realize this is a Pro board and yes, I also realize that these would be more beneficial for getting Newbies up to speed.

I would call this Show and Sell marketing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Point of Interest In Philadelphia,Pa a company that deals with automotive reconditioning by the name or ARDEX used to do [Training & Demostrations] this as well and it was good but as of lately no insight as too if they still do this so most of my purchases are from online suppliers who may have a video out such as Meguiars. Wanting to hear input from BufferBarry on this one

Thread Information