Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m skurrrrrrrrrred to use it :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been thinking about ordering a bottle to try. what sold me on it was the fact that a lot of the guys here really like it

Post Thanks / Like
    dont be scared! mix it up and wash away!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got over my fear by starting when my car was just lightly dusted. You know, dirty enough you wish you could wash it, but not dirty enough that you really feel like dragging the hose out.

That was the specific case I bought it for in the first place.

I`ve progressively worked my way up to dirtier conditions and have had no problems. If my car is REALLY dirty, I`ll just hose it off good first to get the worst off, or stop at the local coin op and blast the worst off, then ONR.

I love this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t you read this forum? ONR is magical stuff given to us by the detailing gods!

Just go wave the bottle in front of your car. Then marvel as dirt particles leap from the surface and deposit themselves neatly at the bottom of a bucket.

Use it as washer fluid! Use it as an interior cleaner! Put it on pancakes!

There is NOTHING ONR can`t do!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Less
    Haven`t you read this forum? ONR is magical stuff given to us by the detailing gods!

Just go wave the bottle in front of your car. Then marvel as dirt particles leap from the surface and deposit themselves neatly at the bottom of a bucket.

Use it as washer fluid! Use it as an interior cleaner! Put it on pancakes!

There is NOTHING ONR can`t do!!!!!

Wow, I haven`t tried it on pancakes yet. Guess I know what I`ll be having for breakfast tomorrow. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it!!!!

I keep a bottle at ONR at QD strength in the trunk and mist each panel before I give my DD an ONR bath. It`s pretty much replaced my old wash method (but dirt doesn`t stay on my car for more than a day...my parking garage neighbors think I have issues...:lol, but then again I am known as "The Clean Car Guy" ). Gotta try it on pancakes tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just like you man. I ordered ONR because I lived in an apartment, and was tired of the coin-op wand place... I could use a bucket there because the guy knew me, but it was still a hassle because people are waiting for you etc.

Anyway I FINALLY broke down after, and I`m not kidding, a YEAR later. It sat there for a year before I tried it... that`s how worried I was.

Put it this way, I wish I would have tried it the day I got it in the mail!

I`ve used it on slightly dirty cars, and VERY dirty cars. I use a two-bucket method and I`ve NEVER had any marring from using ONR.

It takes me about 30 mins to do an average car with ONR as opposed to an hour using a traditional wash, just because you clean and dry as you go. Not... rinse.. clean... rinse... dry, it`s just-- clean...dry... done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used it, and I must say, I am impressed. I first rinsed with a pressure washer (Sorry, I love mine too much to give it up), then did a single bucket wash with it.

Couldn`t find any new swirls/RIDs/marring on it afterwards, or in the sun.

Perhaps it`s my imagination, but the surface seems shinier after an ONR wash than my usual wash (poorboy`s soap&suds)

To make sure it was a real test, i used my black 03 g35 coupe - absolutely hate the paint - looking at it makes it swirl. And it came out with flying colors.

The one thing I loved about it is my water is really hard here - it dries and stains within a few minutes of leaving it on the car, so it`s phsyically impossible for me to rinse, aggitate, rinse and dry the car, without having the WHOLE car stained (not water spotted, but stained all over the place). But here with the ONR, I can do 1 panel at a time and it comes out perfect.

However, I`ve got 2 questions

1) I`m using the blue tenticled micro-chinelle mit from autogeek.

Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt: Microfiber Wash Mitt, car wash, shampoo mitt

Even after wringing it out and rinsing and re-rinsing, the blue tenticles seemed a bit stained with dirt - I rubbed it on a cd, and no scratches on it, but I`m confused.....after a regular wash, my blue tenticles arn`t stained at all. Now they are and i can`t get the stains off?

2) The directions on the ONR say to use a microfiber towel when cleaning. Is there some advantage to using a microfiber towel instead of a micro-chinelle mitt? For e.g., less chance of trapping dirt and scratching against paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, re: the use of a mitt or MF cloth. The Optimum site has a few videos showing an example of how the ONR works. Looks simple and I would guess that anything very soft would be fine to use. Don`t think a towel would be any better than a mitt (probably not as good). The demo-er is using a chenille mitt of some kind (w/o his hand in it) & listening to Queen! The second guy is using a wash sponge, by the looks of it.

Also, people use ONR at some dilution ratio for clay lube. Has anybody here used it that way and, if so, what is recommended dilution level & how did it work for you? I would think that sold in a concentrate, diluted at any reasonable level, it ought to be cheaper than any "in the bottle" clay lube?? But only worth it if it works well, right!

Thanks for the info.

See ya. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx, but never mind. I found this other thread floating around and it seems to answer all the questions regarding ONR.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ve-thread.html

If anybody has something else to add, fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorplayer23
    FYI, re: the use of a mitt or MF cloth. The Optimum site has a few videos showing an example of how the ONR works. Looks simple and I would guess that anything very soft would be fine to use. Don`t think a towel would be any better than a mitt (probably not as good). The demo-er is using a chenille mitt of some kind (w/o his hand in it) & listening to Queen! The second guy is using a wash sponge, by the looks of it.

Also, people use ONR at some dilution ratio for clay lube. Has anybody here used it that way and, if so, what is recommended dilution level & how did it work for you? I would think that sold in a concentrate, diluted at any reasonable level, it ought to be cheaper than any "in the bottle" clay lube?? But only worth it if it works well, right!

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    efnfast-try using an MF covered foam pad. Been using them for almost 2 years now. They don`t get as dirty looking as a chenille pad and seem to hold up a lot better.

tenorplayer23-I use ONR at wash strength to clay.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast
    I`m skurrrrrrrrrred to use it :nervous2:
    You would feel much more at ease if you pretreated............
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    My bottle is coming later this week. Can`t wait to try it.
    2003 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast
    I first rinsed with a pressure washer (Sorry, I love mine too much to give it up), then did a single bucket wash with it.

[snip]

The one thing I loved about it is my water is really hard here - it dries and stains within a few minutes of leaving it on the car, so it`s phsyically impossible for me to rinse, aggitate, rinse and dry the car, without having the WHOLE car stained (not water spotted, but stained all over the place). But here with the ONR, I can do 1 panel at a time and it comes out perfect

[snip]

Doesn`t the water left over from the pressure water stage dry by the time you get around to the ONR stage, on some (in summer- most?) portions of the vehicle?

Just curious.

I have some ONR on order, and have given some thought to the PW stage for really dirty jobs, but I still come back to the fact that under almost all spring/summer/fall temps the water left over from the PW will be fully dry in some areas before I get to them with ONR. It`s a quandary to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information