Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    efnfast-try using an MF covered foam pad. Been using them for almost 2 years now. They don`t get as dirty looking as a chenille pad and seem to hold up a lot better.

Can you link me to some suggestions for products (mf pads)? I suppose i could always take 1 of my white pads and ghetto rig it by wrapping it in a MF cloth, lol

Btw, how often do you find yourself chucking your wash media for a new one?

Btw, is the dirty look to the micro-chinelle just that - a look - or is that actual dirt trapped in it that you can`t remove? I honestly don`t know as I got a bit worried about it, so got out my cd and kept rubbing and rubbing and rubbing, and eventually found a few micro-scratches in the cd. However, normally I do 1-2swipes to test something, not 7 or 8. But still, it did leave one or two little micros behind........

Quote Originally Posted by ten39
    Doesn`t the water left over from the pressure water stage dry by the time you get around to the ONR stage, on some (in summer- most?) portions of the vehicle?

Yea, but it doesn`t matter because the ONR stage cleans it all up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my bottle and used it on one car. Im still scared to use it. Have a detail tomorrow with it. 11 am in 90+ degree sunlight - im sure going to test the limits of ONR. This wash would otherwise be pretty much impossible using a hose and the 2BM. I used a grout sponge the first time and felt it was really dragging, so Im going to try a micro-chenille mitt.

Hopefully Scottwax will provide a link to a similar MF foam pad he uses. I would also be interested in that as well..

Post Thanks / Like
    Please let me know how your detail goes with the micro-chinelle. I`m curious if, when it`s done and rinsed out, if it looks stained with dirt, but still functional.

Post Thanks / Like
    will do. I`ll try to remember to take pics too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Less
    Haven`t you read this forum? ONR is magical stuff given to us by the detailing gods!

Just go wave the bottle in front of your car. Then marvel as dirt particles leap from the surface and deposit themselves neatly at the bottom of a bucket.

Use it as washer fluid! Use it as an interior cleaner! Put it on pancakes!

There is NOTHING ONR can`t do!!!!!

Is there anyone on this board who isn`t familiar with your continued doubts about the product? Why continue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    Is there anyone on this board who isn`t familiar with your continued doubts about the product? Why continue?

Well, there is at least one person who isn`t familiar with my opinnions about ONR......YOU!

If you paid attention, you would know that I DO believe ONR is a viable product and has it`s place in anyone`s detail regimen. However, I don`t believe that it is a feature for feature substitute for a traditional wash. It has it`s pros and cons (so does a traditional wash), but I don`t believe it`s the miracle product that so many people claim it to be. I also find the proliferation of off-label uses for the product to be kind of silly.

Back on topic......

I`ve used MF towels to do an ONR wash, especially if it`s winter and the car is really dirty. I will pick up a cheap package of MF`s from Target or something (there`s some good discounts if you shop in January!). That way I can use 10-12 towels for each wash. Whenever it gets a little dirty, just swap it out for a new one.

Or, if the car isn`t so dirty, I will use these. They work really well. They seem to be the perfect tool for ONR.

Pinnacle Microfiber Detailing Mitt, car wash mitt, auto detailig mitt, microfiber car wash mitt

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR wash

ONR clay lube

ONR QD

(=
    GLENN | BLACK PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there is at least one person who isn`t familiar with my opinnions about ONR......YOU!

If you paid attention, you would know that I DO believe ONR is a viable product and has it`s place in anyone`s detail regimen. However, I don`t believe that it is a feature for feature substitute for a traditional wash. It has it`s pros and cons (so does a traditional wash), but I don`t believe it`s the miracle product that so many people claim it to be. I also find the proliferation of off-label uses for the product to be kind of silly.

Back on topic......

I`ve used MF towels to do an ONR wash, especially if it`s winter and the car is really dirty. I will pick up a cheap package of MF`s from Target or something (there`s some good discounts if you shop in January!). That way I can use 10-12 towels for each wash. Whenever it gets a little dirty, just swap it out for a new one.

Or, if the car isn`t so dirty, I will use these. They work really well. They seem to be the perfect tool for ONR.

Pinnacle Microfiber Detailing Mitt, car wash mitt, auto detailig mitt, microfiber car wash mitt

Sometimes I tend to get a bit too excited about a product, and Less is there to be the voice of reason, and I`m glad he is...

Yeah, ONR is a fantastic product capable of great things, but as Less pointed out, it is not a 100% substitute for a traditional wash. As efnfast said, ONR makes a car look shiny. CW&G makes a car look *SHINY*
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like

*sigh*

10char

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Sometimes I tend to get a bit too excited about a product, and Less is there to be the voice of reason, and I`m glad he is...

Yeah, ONR is a fantastic product capable of great things, but as Less pointed out, it is not a 100% substitute for a traditional wash. As efnfast said, ONR makes a car look shiny. CW&G makes a car look *SHINY*

I`ve not used CW&G (or CW&C), but in my experience with a number of OTC washes, this is better. And there`s nothing I`ve ever done that matches the ease or speed. With three kids and not enough time to do anything, that alone makes it the very best thing ever invented. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    *sigh*

10char

I`ve not used CW&G (or CW&C), but in my experience with a number of OTC washes, this is better. And there`s nothing I`ve ever done that matches the ease or speed. With three kids and not enough time to do anything, that alone makes it the very best thing ever invented. :2thumbs:

You gotta teach them how to ONR!

As for the gloss from CW&G... After I got my foam cannon a couple years ago, I spent more money than I care to think about on car soaps. I bet i bought 30 different ones. All around winner: CW&G. Best shine: CW&G

Rinsing CW&G off, then following with a de-ionized rinse, and either a blow dry or just air dry = a very shiny car. The trick is that you can`t rinse the CW&G *too* well, or you rinse off the glossing/rinsing agents, but if you don`t rinse it off well enough, it streaks.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast
    Can you link me to some suggestions for products (mf pads)? I suppose i could always take 1 of my white pads and ghetto rig it by wrapping it in a MF cloth, lol

Btw, how often do you find yourself chucking your wash media for a new one?

Btw, is the dirty look to the micro-chinelle just that - a look - or is that actual dirt trapped in it that you can`t remove? I honestly don`t know as I got a bit worried about it, so got out my cd and kept rubbing and rubbing and rubbing, and eventually found a few micro-scratches in the cd. However, normally I do 1-2swipes to test something, not 7 or 8. But still, it did leave one or two little micros behind........

Yea, but it doesn`t matter because the ONR stage cleans it all up.

I don`t see this answered yet. The ONR encapsulation magic makes a gray to black slimy mess on you wash media.:grinno: This isn`t a big deal, though.

I use a grout sponge from home depot and a MF towel to wash with. The GS will get nasty after a few washes also. I just soak them in a bucket of APC and hot water for a few minuets and then rinse them *completely*. My GS has been used for at least 100 washes and still looks almost new.

Point of my rambling> wash with APC for clean media.:secret
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it again on another car, but this time with a quality mf cloth (purple cobra jr. ) - came out excellent. This time, everytime the mf got dirty, I just rang it out in the water and voila, looked brand new. Couldn`t find any new scratches or marring on the paint, so I think it`s safe to use a mf cloth ou`d normally use for removing polish/wax/etc..., as opposed to a mitt.

I also cd tested the mf cloth after, and it came out perfect (unlike the micro-chinelle mitt, which left one or two marks, which could have been anything I suppose).

I think I`ll leave the micro-chinelle tenticle mitts to a regular wash, and use a mf cloth for ONR washes - call me crazy, but even if the stains in the mitt are just that - stains that won`t marr the paint - it still creeps me out staring at it wondering if maybe it`ll start scratching

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dheath

Hopefully Scottwax will provide a link to a similar MF foam pad he uses. I would also be interested in that as well..

this is similar The Bone by Cobra is a soft, plush car wash sponge wrapped in microfiber for unbeatable softness. Use your favorite car shampoo with the bone

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, it does look similar - any thoughts about whether the bone (or similar) would be any less-marr inducing than a quality mf towel, like autogeek`s cobra jr`s (purple fluffy ones)

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it would be preference. i use the bone by cobra and have used a mf towel. i prefer the bone because it has a sponge that allow more water/onr to be put on each panel while washing. didn`t notice any difference in marring between the two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information