Post Thanks / Like
    1.- I plan to clean and protect the top with Raggtop about every 3-4 months. Between those applications I will wash my car about once every 2-3 weeks. I keep it pretty clean. Between the 3-4 month intervals will I have any issues as far as accidentally washing off the protectant? Should I only vacum and rinse the top until its time to protect again?

Should I use my meguiars or ultima wash on it instead of the raggtop cleaner except for when I`m about to add protective spray?

2.-Do I need to purchase a brush for cleaning the top or is a microfiber rag fine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if it`s correct or not, but I only use the Raggtopp Cleaner when I plan to follow up with the Protectant; otherwise I wash the vinyl convertible top with the regular car shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    applying raggtop every 3-4 months is way overkill even if the car is outside. i spoke to them about this and they said you only do a garaged car anually. heavy use and outside - every 6 months if you like. do not over apply, you will just be waisting product. call their tech support and ask for yourself. they are great people. for cleaning they say use a soft brush. yes, vacuum and rinse or use mild soap. you won`t remove it from fabric easily unless you use their cleaner.

p.s. i`m just talking about fabric tops, didn`t ask about vinyl. you didn`t state if you had a vinyl or fabric top.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its overboad too. id say once a year or twice. the washes will eventually wear out the protectant. when i do regular washes on the tops, i do a very light wash with soap. i dont spend to much time on it bc i know over the years itll fade to apoint where it cant be restored to the same color again. i use this custom solution i use for tops and judging from my regulars with softtops, the tops still bead even after 6months. these are cars that get washed once month or every two months.

ill take a vid the next time i wash this car below.

YouTube - Thats Fresh Detailed: Convertible FIJI test
    GLENN | BLACK PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a fabric top. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information