Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new `09 Chevy Silverado that lives outdoors 24/7. Just no room in the garage for it.

I recently used LiquiTech Finish First on it...and it has been holding up well. I recently got some Collinite 845 from work(I am an electrician...and yes, we do use this stuff on insulators).

The next time I wax my truck, I`d like to try the 845. I live in NH and would like something to last through the winter.

I`ve never tried the Finish First through the winter....I have used it on my RoadKing and like it alot...but it never saw any snow/salt.

Should I just stick with the Finish First, or give the 845 a go before winter? I also have a can of S100 I could try. Again, I`ve used that on the bike before....but not through a winter.

Does the synthetic stuff need to be removed before a wax can be applied?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never used LiquiTech, but I use 845 on both of out DDs for winter in MN. I just *layer* 2 coats a week apart and ride out the 4-5 months of cold, snow, ice, and nasty. It usually will hold up that long.

I don`t think you have any problems with 845 over a synthetic, I use it over KAIO all the time and that does leave a little syth-somthing behind.

The s100 would be great for summer, but you will be reapplying more often. Again, you should be able to just top s100 over what you have.
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. 845 is VERY durable. Top it with S100 if you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scary bill
    I never used LiquiTech, but I use 845 on both of out DDs for winter in MN. I just *layer* 2 coats a week apart and ride out the 4-5 months of cold, snow, ice, and nasty. It usually will hold up that long.

I don`t think you have any problems with 845 over a synthetic, I use it over KAIO all the time and that does leave a little syth-somthing behind.

The s100 would be great for summer, but you will be reapplying more often. Again, you should be able to just top s100 over what you have.

Why wait a week apart when doing the 845 and not 1 layer, then another layer at the same time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Finish First and had very good results on a late model Odyssey. You should be fine applying Collinite 845 over the FF.

Thread Information