Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Nevr-Dull on my Aluminum-lipped wheels and on my stainless steel RSR GT-2 Exhaust. I bought the car April 16th of this year. I think I may have created fine scratches due to using the Nevr-Dull, but I don`t know. I`m not sure if the Nevr-Dull created the scratches or just revealed them. What I need to know now is how do I remove the scratches and restore it to looking perfect?

All help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem, hopefully someone will give us some suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible the pieces had a brushed finish already? If not, the Aluminum may need a finer polish designed specifically for Aluminum. Also make sure the lips are not clear coated. Using a metal polish on clear-coated pieces would definitely cause scratching.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    Is it possible the pieces had a brushed finish already? If not, the Aluminum may need a finer polish designed specifically for Aluminum. Also make sure the lips are not clear coated. Using a metal polish on clear-coated pieces would definitely cause scratching.

I`m almost positive they aren`t clear coated because my towel turns black when I polish them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure your lips are clear coated. They look like it in the pictures. What brand are they? It`s actually rare to see un-cleared wheels anymore.

I`d use a regular paint polish on the wheels and the exhaust use an actual metal polish and polishing pad. A dremel or similar tool usually works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I`m pretty sure your lips are clear coated. They look like it in the pictures. What brand are they? It`s actually rare to see un-cleared wheels anymore.

I`d use a regular paint polish on the wheels and the exhaust use an actual metal polish and polishing pad. A dremel or similar tool usually works great.

They are Ruff Racing. I called the manufacturer and they said that they aren`t clear coated to his knowledge. But my towel turns completely black when I polish them. It probably looks like that because I polished and waxed the wheels the same day I took the picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    IME Nevr-Dull *will* mar all sorts of surfaces and any residual dirt that`s on there when you use it will make things even worse. I`ve used that stuff since forever on all sorts of surfaces, but not ones that I really care about

Assuming no clear (and it does sound that way), abrasive polishing with the appropriate tools and materials. Might want to search out "Caswell", they sell a lot of good metal-polishing stuff IIRC. Polishing scratches out of ss is a very time-consuming process to say the least.

IMO that first wheel pic shows machining/manufacturing texture, not just marring. I`d sure be careful about what you use on a nice set of wheels.

The exhaust is simply scratched up.

Post Thanks / Like
    It just looks like some pitting and scratches I see in a clear is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best aluminum polish I`ve ever found is the Nuvite line.

However, after polishing A LOT of aluminum, I`ve found that unless you do it with a cyclo, you will always see cut marks in the grain from your polishing motion, if the surface is a total mirror surface.

For exhaust, best bet I`ve found is to clean with windex+0000 steel wool and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s mag and aluminum polish works great! Finishes much, much nicer than Never-Dull.
    Club Flex Member

Newport Auto Perfection owner and operator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    It just looks like some pitting and scratches I see in a clear is all.

I think the OP needs to split the issue. Bare metal Al wheels are going to be soft metal, vs stainless steel (chromed?) which will be a very hard metal.

For the Al wheels, I think Mother`s Mg/Al polish would be a fine choice, to be followed up with Eagle One Nano Wheel Polish. The E1 Nano polish is very mild, and it leaves a very nice anti-corrosion finish on the surface of the metal.

Thread Information