Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    first off always dilute new wave 50/50 on motors and tires and undercarriage. tires and door jams i like to go 4 to 1 and for interiors 10 to 1 anything else i can help you with let me know.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry - yes Jesse from Hungary. I`d also like inputs from Scottwax, Autoconcierge, JoshVette and some other high-end folks like yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a whole gallon of Optimum Power Clean; and now I read this. =\

Post Thanks / Like
    degreasers and I are good friends

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like some of the community here is moving toward this already using ONR as a wash, a QD, and a clay lube. :hm

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple Power, OTC, cheap and it works. Simple Green, some don`t like the smell, but it also works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree Barry. We are being charged for water.

Glass cleaner is the biggest rip off. Usually 95% water and most still don`t clean well, eg Windex.

Having problems with windows? Try this simple solution. Water wet a MF and wring it out. Lightly mist the cloth with a degreaser or ONR and scrub the window. Remove with a lint free MF or paper towel (Bounty). Rub until water is gone. Also a lot safer than breathing in chemicals.

My dilution rates of degreaser are 4:1 engine, 25:1 interior-carpet spotting.

Carpet pretreat 40:1, extractor 120:1.

Post Thanks / Like
    as i wrote this im not trying to confuse people, because im on who will buy nicer chemicals as needed. i can`t use chemicals with fillers for polishing, but we as a consumer haver to draw a fine line and i would love to show the tricks of using certain chemicals in other ways. I was on detailers domain page here is http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=02

Product Details

P21S Total Auto Wash All Purpose Degreaser

1000ml

P21S Auto Wash gets the dirt and grime out of rocker panels, engines, and other hard to reach places. This formula is great for removing diesel soot and other tough stains that ordinary car wash products just can`t seem to cut.

P21S detergent formula, plus the addition of a powerful citrus solvent add up to unmatched cleaning power.

Helpful hints on engine cleaning:

Engine washing Dust and water splashes build up over time, but do not damage the engine. The time for engine washing is after the winter, when water and road salt have splashed up and left a white deposit.

The best place to clean the engine is at a commercial self-service car wash; this ensures that cleaning chemicals and (for older cars) rinsed-off oil do not get into groundwater. Aggressive products such as acid-containing cold cleaners should not be used to loosen dirt, however, since they can attack electrical equipment and plastics. Water-soluble engine cleaners are more suitable.

How to Clean your Engine

1. Spray the degreaser evenly onto cool, dry surfaces and let stand for three minutes.

2. Carefully remove oil, soot and other deposits using a Swissvax Detail Brush (if you use any other brush, make sure the brush head has no sharp metal edges), reapplying degreaser cleaner occasionally.

3. Spray with plenty of clean water to rinse.

4. Dry the engine with compressed air (if available) or old towels.

5. Dress with your favorite dressing, Swissvax Pneu, Einszett Rubber /Vinyl Care, Adam`s VRT

now everything is right off there page. now your paying 17.95 plus tax and shipping for a bottle of citrus based degreaser? lol now this is a spray bottle full. now you figure when its all said and done your looking at $25.00 for a total sale. now someone recomended purprle power which is availble for 13.00 at you local advance auto parts for 2.5 gallons. now lhere is how learning how to do this first off your ganna have to dilute this stuff 50/50 right off the start beacuse of how strong it can be. so now you have 5 gallons for $13.00 dollars. thats less then $3 dollars a gallon. now once you break it down 50/50 again which will make a 4 to 1 bottle for tires and door jambs. and 10 to one for interior use like carpets vinyl and other stuff. now you eliminated a lot of chemicals. in your arsenal, and i can be certain that your cost will be cheaper.

im not trying to bash on detailers domain there were just an example company with that x product. im just trying to show you guys how to save on some cash and not fall into some marketing hype. now this is just my 2 cents.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple green will cloud clear coat.

I don`t disagree with you

It really depends on what you`re trying to clean, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barry Good Post, I to use products by ARDEX and AGAuto if you go to warehouse on ByBerry Rd ask for shawn he may be able to help with answers as well and his online name is ArdexShawn I believe aol

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry I need to call you later today about this I completely agree with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Remove with a lint free MF or paper towel (Bounty).

Wait...you mean I can just go back to cleaning my windows with Bounty like I did before I found Autopia and not have to look at that annoying microfiber lint? I can do that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarmarou
    It seems like some of the community here is moving toward this already using ONR as a wash, a QD, and a clay lube. :hm

I have to admit, I`ve been moving that way. I use ONR for just about everything on my car now. If it won`t come off with ONR, I`ll use something with some more chops to it, but that doesn`t happen very often on my well-maintained cars. Client cars, yeah, but I`m still surprised at how well ONR will clean at different dilutions. And the fact that it leaves very little resiude and NO SHINE behind (on things like dashes) are huge pluses.

I`m one of those "I gotta try everything" guys, and I do like to post my own experiences with the products I buy and test, but my intent has never been "you gotta have 50 different APC`s to clean your dash", and I apologize if I`ve ever been taken that way. I just get excited about detailing and trying a new product is like crack to me.

But I do agree with Barry. The list of products you really need to perform a professional level detail on your car is very short, and can be really inexpensive, too.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an awesome thread, guys. Especially for us novices who don`t want to spend a ton from thirty different online stores to find what we need.

I like Meg`s APC, but I`m going to give that Purple Power a try. Especially as I can get it locally and not pay for shipping. I think the APC will always have a place in my bin, but I may make room for this.

Especially if it works well on wheel wells. Definitely a better buy than stuff from CG or Megs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I`m one of those "I gotta try everything" guys, and I do like to post my own experiences with the products I buy and test, but my intent has never been "you gotta have 50 different APC`s to clean your dash", and I apologize if I`ve ever been taken that way. I just get excited about detailing and trying a new product is like crack to me.

You know sometimes we get wrapped around the axle on this forum because we have members who range from people who flit in here because they have a problem or a new car and never come back, to hobbyists/enthusiasts to weekend warriors to pros.

The hobbyists/enthusiasts are likely to try/buy many more products than they need to and be more into product nuances...but what`s wrong with that? They have different needs/expectations than the others. I can think of a few members who buy every "secret sauce" marketing hype from certain vendors/mfrs and some of us remember the big rebottling scandal from a few years ago where one of the boutique products that was "painstakingly developed" turned out to be some bulk stuff with the "development" being the fragrance and the label art.

Bottom line, different strokes for different folks. If for some people trying new and different products all the time in little bottles is part of the enjoyment, fine, while for some people who are getting the job done, a 55 gal. drum is more appropriate, fine. In the same way that a pro photog is going to use a different camera than someone taking a few snaps of their grandkids, or a garage is going to put your car on a lift to rotate the tires while you at home use a floor jack.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information