Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I`m a little surprised but value your frankness. You know well I`m an all -around perfectionist in general myself. Glad to know you share so much about detailing here and I suspect helping/teaching others is one of those other interests to some degree. And super, totally, completely 100% 10-4 on if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself! :xyxthumbs
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to thank you Barry for this thread. Its an eye opener for sure.

Ive been wondering about using one product for multiple uses for awhile now.

So I guess the consensus is grab any APC and dilute it down?

Also, you guys mention using APC for door jams. Just spray and agitate with a brush? Wont harm the paint right?

This thread will help me take my detailing to a new level of clean. I rarely do jams, never engiens or wells as I never knew what to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    Okay, I`m a little surprised but value your frankness...

Well, considering how serious I am about this stuff, my "nah, not passionate about it" probably says more about the subjects that I *am* passionate about, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mbaoo
    So I guess the consensus is grab any APC and dilute it down?

Also, you guys mention using APC for door jams. Just spray and agitate with a brush? Wont harm the paint right?

This thread will help me take my detailing to a new level of clean. I rarely do jams, never engiens or wells as I never knew what to use.

APCs are generally safe for paint and rubber, the sort of materials you`re dealing with in the jambs/wells/etc. Or you can use a solvent-based approach but that won`t have the same degree of lubricity and can thus lead to marring.

Be careful to use a brush that`s soft enough; I use boar`s hair brushes for this. Besides being nice and soft (once wet), they rinse clean even when you get really nasty greasy [stuff] on them.

Keeping these aras clean can head off problems down the road as dirt retains moisture and moisture causes rust. And by keeping the wheelwells clean you can spot certain mechanical problems (e.g., a just-slighty-bad CV joint boot recently resulted in some greasy mess, I spotted it right away). In fact, I almost *always* spot problems before my mechanics do simply because I`m always detailing these areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Well, considering how serious I am about this stuff, my "nah, not passionate about it" probably says more about the subjects that I *am* passionate about, huh?

Indeed.Just when I though one couldn`t get much more passionate/enthusiastic about detailing, then it`s genuinely impossible for me to fathom what you must be like about those subjects.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread Information