Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So has anyone tried ONR as a washer fluid? How many caps per gallon do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! I use the quick detailer dilution which is 6 oz. of ONR to 1 gal. of DISTILLED water. Works great!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Yes! I use the quick detailer dilution which is 6 oz. of ONR to 1 gal. of DISTILLED water. Works great!

Hmm. Since I dont buy it by the gallon, 6oz of ONR cost about 3 dollars. Then again, the original reason I ask is because I have a feeling that regular washer fluid eats your LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you need to invest in the gallon size then!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow85
    Hmm. Since I dont buy it by the gallon, 6oz of ONR cost about 3 dollars. Then again, the original reason I ask is because I have a feeling that regular washer fluid eats your LSP.

Dude it does. Please use the ONR, I know I`m going to switch soon. On my mom`s Jeep, washer fluid leaks out of one of the nozzles. It just sits there and it etched the **** out of the paint. I compounded it twice and it made no difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    i tried adding 1 oz to a gallon of washer fluid this winter. it seemed to cause the windshield to frost up with tiny little crystals. the windshield would be completely cleaned, and then the crystals grew before my eyes coating the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I was just about to ask, what do you do in the wintertime?

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought about it, I just use plain water. Works for me, but I may try out the ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskate
    i tried adding 1 oz to a gallon of washer fluid this winter. it seemed to cause the windshield to frost up with tiny little crystals. the windshield would be completely cleaned, and then the crystals grew before my eyes coating the windshield.

That`s probably because it doesn`t have "anti-freeze" properties like the winter-time washer fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    Yeah, I was just about to ask, what do you do in the wintertime?

I haven`t figured that out yet. I just recently started using ONR as washer fluid. I *think* there are bottles of concentrated "anti-freeze" to add to non "anti-freeze" washer fluids. We`ll see when the time comes...

:2thumbs:
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you aware that they changed the QD dillution ratio from 6oz. per gallon to 10oz. per gallon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I`m not. I guess 6 oz. per gallon is the new washer fluid dilution! :2thumbs:

Honestly, I`ve never had any issues with using ONR as QD at a 6 oz. to 1 gal. ratio. Do you have any supporting links that talk about the new QD dilution? I`m not questioning your statement, just want to read up on why.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder worry about upping the concentration. Glass is way harder than your paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I`m not. I guess 6 oz. per gallon is the new washer fluid dilution! :2thumbs:

Honestly, I`ve never had any issues with using ONR as QD at a 6 oz. to 1 gal. ratio. Do you have any supporting links that talk about the new QD dilution? I`m not questioning your statement, just want to read up on why.

Sorry it was raised from 6ozs. to 8ozs. for QD. I don`t have a new bottle, but many have the new bottle and I don`t doubt them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha! I`ll be ordering a new gallon or ONR soon so I`ll have to read the label.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regular washer fluid contains methanol and will remove LSP, however you have to have something like that to keep it from freezing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information