Post Thanks / Like
    So I had some acid rain "stains" in my passenger side windows and front and back windshields. Tried everything I could(including a couple scratches courtesy of spotX!!).

Brought it to two detail shops and both failed at removing it. Finally decided I was just going to have them replaced via my insurance. So I made one last ditch effort with the assumption that I was likely going to ruin the window!

I was using some Mothers Aluminum Polish on the trim and it worked great to remove the acid rain stains. So I figured why not try it on the window.

I first tested a small area to see how it works; Worked great! I grabbed my buffer and used a soft pad applying the Mothers polish throughout the window.

All spots are removed and the glass looks great! No scratches,residue or any after effect of any kind. Hope this helps some of you suffering from the same problem.

:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! This makes some sense because, the metal polish is going to be extremely abrasive, more so than anything you`d put on your paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of all the acid rain damage I`ve seen, I`ve never seen any on glass. Industrial fallout and hard water spots yes, but not acid rain. Is/was there any on the paint and if so where?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Out of all the acid rain damage I`ve seen, I`ve never seen any on glass. Industrial fallout and hard water spots yes, but not acid rain. Is/was there any on the paint and if so where?

There was non on the paint that I saw. Strictly on the glass and aluminum trim. It may have been caused by something else, the only reason I say acid rain is the two guys at the two different detail shops claimed it to be acid rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever
    Congrats! This makes some sense because, the metal polish is going to be extremely abrasive, more so than anything you`d put on your paint.

yes i was thinking the same however, the polish left the glass clear and unscathed!

i cant say the same for the piece of sh** spotX that left scratches

i am just happy my glass is back to looking clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

I assume he means water etching. Maybe not, though.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonsfavson
    I assume he means water etching. Maybe not, though.

water spots/acid rain ect...regardless of what it was, it seemed impossible to get out. It worked and like i said before, i figured it would help anyone else with the same issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dazraf26
    water spots/acid rain ect...regardless of what it was, it seemed impossible to get out. It worked and like i said before, i figured it would help anyone else with the same issue...

Well whatever they were, good job getting them out. You should go back to the detail shops and offer to show them how it`s done :hifive:
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonsfavson
    Well whatever they were, good job getting them out. You should go back to the detail shops and offer to show them how it`s done :hifive:

lol should I charge an hourly rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that Mother`s chrome polish also works well on glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I have to try polishing my windows with the tub of Mother`s aluminum polish I have

Post Thanks / Like
    No. 7 Chrome Polish. Oldest trick in the book for correcting spotted glass. Better on glass than even Mothers.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a "warning" I had seen on Mother`s website:

Only use our Chrome Polish on glass -- do not use the Mag & Aluminum or Billet polishes.

Not saying it won`t work, but I`d guess there could be bad results on some glass from those polishes.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information