Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend who may have some business links for me to do some detailing on semi trucks. I`ve never done this. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there different products to use or products I shouldn`t use on a semi that work on a car?

Currently I wax by hand; I don`t have and don`t know how to use a rotary yet. I`m gradually upgrading my products to the professional lines.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you plan on detailing a Semi, then you need (not want but definitely need) a machine. Usually Semi`s have a steel body and a fiberglass fold down hood and a fiberglass wind deflector on top. Approaching these is really no different than a car, albeit on a much larger scale. You can also do additional services/charges for polishing the acres of stainless steel/chrome on Semi`s. Upgrade to a PC/Cyclo/Flex if you are not comfortable with a rotary. You arms will thank you and you will be able to correct paint much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my uncles 2007 Peterbilt. All black with chrome package. It took me three 8 hour days, but it looked great. I did it all for $500.00. Washed, waxed, degreased engine, polished every piece of chrome right down to the air horns. The diamond plate toolboxes were a pain the arse, but other than that just tedious work. Interior was easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    My father in law owns his own moving bizz......There in NO WAY IN HELL I would even consider detailing his trucks......I could see 3 days for each truck and LONG hours lots of pain and lots of product...

I wish you luck though lol

Thread Information