Thread: when to wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I wax once a month is tis to much?

How often do u wax?

What wax do u use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in FL once a month is hardly overkill if you want your vehicle to look its best. (Not sure where you`re located or if your vehicles sits outside most of the time.)

Personally I prefer paint sealants over waxes because they last a great deal longer.

If I were to have a favorite wax it would be a toss up between Pinnacle Souveran and P21S 100%.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can never wax too much, using common sense and practicality.

I wax my DD every month or so, sometimes more often when testing new products.

I use PB Nattys Blue, NXT 2, EX-P, XMT 180, and recently, Z2, UPGP and Supernatural

Post Thanks / Like
    We have two vehicles in our household.

For my solid black car, I have been using several different waxes over the past year. My favorites (right now) are: Souveran, Fuzion, Harly Wax, NXT and Reflections. During the winter months I used Collinite 845 and was very pleased. I tend to wax it once a month during the non-winter months.

For my wife`s metallic spruce green daily driver, I have been using Ultima Paint Guard Plus. It is so incredibly easy to apply, and I like the look. I am going to stick with UPGP for her car. I wax/seal it every two months or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wax whenever some characteristic that I value drops off below the level I consider acceptable. This is always slickness or beading as I never let things go to the point that the appearance has obviously deteriorated.

Which wax depends on the vehicle; all ours have different stuff on them and I often use something else on the few vehicles I do for others. The durability ranges from almost every other wash (Souveran on the Jag) to many months (476S and layered KSG).

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think there can be too much wax on a car, unless it`s in a showroom and you wax it everyday for months on end. Every other car wash, or after heavy rain, is usually what I try to stick to, but it`s not always practical.

Post Thanks / Like
    using Klasse SG over AIO

Nov to March, every 6 weeks or so...usually 2 coats

Apr to Oct, every 2 months

stripped once a year

the car(s) are garage kept and washed/rinsed weekly
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like
    I wax every time I wash the car (1-2 weeks). I restart the full protection process every month or so. Its fun to see great looks and beading

Call me OCD if you like but I have enough waxes to last me for a very long time

Post Thanks / Like
    You can wax as often as you want.

I test products on my truck, for high end work I use Swissvax for lower end work I use Optimum Spray Wax and for now I use Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 for a sealant.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Thread Information