Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I am just wondering what everyone thinks of this as a "beginners" detailing kit. I am VERY serious about keeping my car looking its best, and thought these products (with proper technique) would be a nice place to start. A local detail shop put it together for me. The price is $255 Canadian.

"Hi David.

I went over your list of products of which you currently have and what you would like to add in your email you sent me earlier. I was able to use this information to put together a detail kit for you that will help you in maintaining and detailing your car on your own. In the detail kit, I have substituted all of your Meguiar products with the professional products that we carry in our shop. As well as the detail kit, I have put together another kit that contains polishing compounds and polishing pads. We use Makita 9227C Polishers at our shop but we do not sell them. You would have to go purchase your own polisher from a retail store. The detailing kit comes with a free bag as well as a complimentary 3M glass cleaner. Below lists all the products that are in both kits as well as a brief explanation.

Detail Kit ($255)

1.P21S Carnuba Wax - This replaced your Meguiar`s Wax since it is a creates a better shell for protection and it also lasts longer than your current wax. It is easier to apply than the Meguiar`s Wax and is less "pasty" since it hazes when applied rather than turn white like most entry level waxes.

2.P21S Wheel Cleaner - This is a non-acidic cleaner for your rims which is used to help break down brake dust and other material that builds on rims over time. It is safe for all types of wheels as it is non-acidic and is of a neutral pH.

Jumbo Microfiber Towel - This is used to drive off the car after it is squeegeed by the water blade. There is only one in the kit and any additional jumbo towel is $25.

3.Auto-Glym Vinyl and Rubber Care - This is used to rejuvenate and protect the rubber and vinyl on the outside of the car. It can also be used on the dash and other interior parts to give it a shine.

4.Auto-Glym Metal-Polish - This is used to clean up as well as remove scratches the out of chrome, aluminium, and metal on the car.

5.Auto-Glym Leather Cleaner - This cleaner is used to clean the leather inside of the car. Follow with Auto-Glym Leather Conditioner.

6.Auto-Glym Leather Condition - This is used after the cleaner to help moisturize the leather and keeps it from aging. As well it helps keep the color from fading and stops the leather from drying up over time.

7.Auto-Glym Interior Cleaner - This is used as a universal cleaner to help clean up most of the interior of the car. Follow panels with Auto-Glym Vinyl and Rubber Care if desired.

8.Auto-Glym Tire Dressing - This is used to give the side walls of the tire a nice shine as well as keeping it from aging over time.

9.Auto-Glym Show Shine - This is used on a daily basis IF your car is clean on the outside to help give it a shine. It saves time from having to go through the whole washing process on a clean car. Be sure not to use it on a heavily dusty car as it might leave scratches or swirls.

10.Auto-Glym Glass Polish - This product is a polish that is used on windshields and outside glass. It helps get rid of water spots/stains, fallout stains, and wiper blade marks which glass cleaner cannot do. This product does not have to be used on a daily basis as it is only used on tough spots that glass cleaner can`t do.

11.3M Glass Cleaner - This product is used to clean up glass on a regular basis.

12.3M Cleaner Clay Bar - This clay bar is used with a soapy solution to go over the whole car to remove fallout and contaminant off the paint before polishing."

Thanks for your help!

If there are any suggestions please say so.

David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone care to help!?

Post Thanks / Like
    why not order exactly what you want? do some research and find out the products that would best suit you. the problem with kits, is that there are going to be some items that you will probably not use, and you can use the money elsewhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    The wax you have chosen won`t last very long

Also, if you have swirls in your paint, you`ll want to correct them first with a polish

Lastly, another wax you may want to check out is Mothers SynFX. If you top it with carnauba, it should do extremely well, but the carnauba will still wash off in a month or so

Thread Information