Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I found myself running out of QD spray (I usually just use whatever came with a clay bar I picked up at the local wal mart ), that said, all I really have left is some meguiars QD (the quik detail stuff).

So I was thinking of buying some qd by the gallon but there seem to be really a lot of good options, I`d want it ideally to double duty as a clay lube, any suggestions out there??

Also, I noticed I am going to be needing a clay bar with more "grip" to it, to really get at some of the crap left in some tough spots, any suggestions on a more aggressive clay? I`ve seen some around but it`s always good to know what people are really using successfully.

Finally, I got used to using P21S paintwork cleanser which works great in my opinion to work the surface over once it`s absolutely clean. However I am looking to stock up on something to use to get some swirls and water marks out. I think conventional wisdom seems to be to go Menzerna on that end, but I am sure there`s people out there using some other stuff that`s just as good

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Optimum Instant Detailer. It comes in a concentrate, a 32oz bottle makes a gallon, just use distilled water. Its cheap too, only about $20. seen here

I usually buy the clay magic kits so I use that clay lube in the kit, but if I use the Opt ID, i dilute it a bit more as a clay lube.

Meguiars #34 Final Inspection is also a great product. I also like Fk1 425. Opt ID is my favorite though, you will be blown away, but its a little too good for a clay lube.

If you are looking for an aggressive clay, I like Meguiars Aggressive Clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too love OID. Its one of the best looking in terms of gloss enhancement. Its also one of the slickest.

The 32oz concentrate makes 1 gallon.

Or you can be really money smart and buy the 1 gallon concentrate. Its $50 BUT that 1 gallon makes 4 gallons. That averages out to a little over $12 a gallon for one of the best QDs out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    From a cost per ounce standpoint, I cannot see how you would be able to get anything cheaper than ONR diluted at QD strength. Pick up a bottle of ONR 32oz for about 15 bucks and turn it into about 640 oz of QD. This is what I do for my QD. The freebie meg`s bottle that comes w/ those clay kits just sits (or i give them away)

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum ID & GE by a long shot is one of (If not) the best I have used to date......and at $5.00 a qt? Sheeeeeesh, no reason not to have it....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    A good cost effective QD for claying is ONR. A great QD for looks and slickness by the gallon is Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine. Optimum instant detailer also super slick and cost effective if you buy the 32 oz size that goes 3:1 or 4:1.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Adam`s Detail Spray, but at about $40/gallon, its a bit pricey.

It smells real good though.

Thread Information