Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so i`ve been looking the past day or so at the diffrent brands/type of microfiber I can buy. Last round I bought the Dur Wonder waffle weave towel, it lasted about 5 years but now it`s time for new ones. I got my money`s worth out of them!

I have been looking at the Chemical Guys 530XL ( big chubby ) and the Uber blue 16 x 24 ( for final drying and wax removal )

In the past I have used waffle weave to dry the car after a wash but it seems to want to scratch my paint even when it`s freshly clean. I am a little reluctant to use waffle weave again other than to "blot" the panels gently. it seems like since there is no real "pile" the likely hood of scratching my paint is high. If I must use a waffle weave I was thinking about this one.

MicroFiber Super Huge Drying Towel W Pockets

Can someone offer some insight here? I want to purchase today. and am looking for the following.

- No scratching for Drying and QD

- Good Value ( I plan to buy at least 6 towels )

- Reasonable Shipping

- Have personally used the product.

Thanks,

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been very happy with Cobra products. I have used several models for a couple years now, and am 100% satisfied. I like them even better than the Adam`s products that were my former go-to mfs (and still use).

Nice chart here at AutoGeek. Which is where I tend to purchase them.

Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel,Guzzler HD,Cobra Drying Towel,Microfiber towel,Microfiber Drying towel,car drying towel

By the way Randy. I like that you specified "have personally used the product.".
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ONLY get my MF`s from George over at detailedimage.com.

Waffle Weaves are awesome and the general purpose are perfect for paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up getting the the following

(9) Blue Monster 550XL from Chemical guys. I couldn`t pass up the deal they had... 3 for 9.99! These things are huge 16 x 16

- Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr4all3
    I ended up getting the the following

(9) Blue Monster 550XL from Chemical guys. I couldn`t pass up the deal they had... 3 for 9.99! These things are huge 16 x 16

- Randy

I hope you are not dissapointed with your purchase as I was. I just received mine today. I thought they would be SUPER fat. They are of decent thickness, but nothing of what I was expecting. I also did not know that it was dual nap, I thought it was thick on both sides. I also picked up some of their SUPER MF`s, which were yellow, and they are decent too. You learn from your mistakes, not that this was a total waste, just not what I expected. From what I understand, it is highly recommended that you wash them before using them.

what towels had you been using?? I have about 30 SS from Meguiars, and UW from Meguiars too, both a very nice MF in my opinion.
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclrider
    I hope you are not dissapointed with your purchase as I was. I just received mine today. I thought they would be SUPER fat. They are of decent thickness, but nothing of what I was expecting. I also did not know that it was dual nap, I thought it was thick on both sides. I also picked up some of their SUPER MF`s, which were yellow, and they are decent too. You learn from your mistakes, not that this was a total waste, just not what I expected. From what I understand, it is highly recommended that you wash them before using them.

what towels had you been using?? I have about 30 SS from Meguiars, and UW from Meguiars too, both a very nice MF in my opinion.

Dammit! that`s why I bought these... beacuse I thought they were thick on both sides. If I wanted long and short I would of bought the 530XL! Good thing I bought 9 of them!

- Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    hey man I was just wondering why you did`nt go back with the "der wunder"

towel, I love mine.

Edit....Was it the der wunder that caused scratching?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 5 of the Blue Perl waffle weave drying towels

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 3 pack of the gurufiber waffle weave towels... they look like the same ones as these but cheaper. so far they seem top notch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised no one uses PakShak WW towels, I do, work great.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a lot of the pak shak towels, but not the ww drying towels, have the ww glass towels among them

Thread Information