Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Best cheap: Collinite 845

Worst expensive: Anything Wolfgang

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Interesting that a number of people were disappointed by Souveran. I`ve never achieved *quite* the same look on some paints with other LSPs...what are people using in place of the Souveran and what`s better about the alternative?

I have a tub of Souveran and really like the look. I have a little more than half of a tub left after 2 years. I usually only put it on straight reds and blacks.

I was curious if you have used Chemical Guys 50/50 and could compare the look to Souveran. I have been meaning to order a tin of 50/50 and wondered what you thought of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie
    Best cheap: Collinite 845

Worst expensive: Anything Wolfgang

Wow. I had forgotten Wolfgang. Good pick.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

water seems to work pretty good

+1

And it works even better when you run it through a CRSpotless then add some ONR to it.

I prefer my water run through hops, barley and yeast :getdown
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steck
    my best `inexpensive` find :

twug paste wax / still love it and use it all the time

i saw this on close out in Tucson at a target for like $2/can, almost got the last two cans but passed on it

Best inexpensive:

collinite 476 ($7 a pop at HF)

collinite 845 ($9 a pop at HF) both durable, think 845 is a little easier to work with.

PB EX-P

Pinnacle XMT 180 wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
    ..everyone`s reports seem to be based off "if a product cost twice as much, it should be twice as better." nothing wrong with that, but to each - their own.

Right. I don`t expect Souveran to be "twice as good as anything", I expect it to *look like Souveran* on certain paints. If something else looked the same or better (and that`s "better" in *my* opinion), then cool...but for me it`s all about the car looking a certain, specific way and that can`t be put in "X% better" terms.

Quote Originally Posted by SR20det
    I have a tub of Souveran and really like the look. I have a little more than half of a tub left after 2 years. I usually only put it on straight reds and blacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SR20det

I was curious if you have used Chemical Guys 50/50 and could compare the look to Souveran. I have been meaning to order a tin of 50/50 and wondered what you thought of it.

Yeah, my last tub of Souveran seemed to last forever as I really only used it on the Jag. IF it were more durable I`d use it on other stuff (my wife simply *loves* it on Audi silver, always surprises me that she even notices it) but it just *looks right* to me on that particular car.

No, haven`t tried 50/50 :nixweiss I`m pretty firmly entrenched (gee, don`t I sound closed-minded ) regarding which LSPs I like on which vehicles and so I haven`t been trying many different ones (still need to try out my unused tin of FK1000P on something).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02zx9r
    i saw this on close out in Tucson at a target for like $2/can, almost got the last two cans but passed on it

Best inexpensive:

collinite 476 ($7 a pop at HF)

collinite 845 ($9 a pop at HF) both durable, think 845 is a little easier to work with.

PB EX-P

Pinnacle XMT 180 wax

XMT180? I received this for free, and I`m not really impressed with what I`ve read. What is your application for this product? Do you use it as an LSP or do you use it on wheels, odd parts of a car, helmets, etc?
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Best inexpensive:

ONR

Clay Magic

Worst premium:

Blackfire sealant - one of the few things I wish I had never bought

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    Best inexpensive:

ONR

Clay Magic

Worst premium:

Blackfire sealant - one of the few things I wish I had never bought

What is up with the hating on Blackfire? Just curious.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett

I really like their GEP it`s a great polish/glaze; although it has good longevity Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection stains like crazy.
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett

In my case, I like BF on satin/matte/flat black...the sort of stuff on undercarriages and under the hood. Both the polish and the sealant seem great for that.

But on silver the BF darkens the look a *LOT*. The two identical Audis, parked side-by-side, looked like they had completely different paint codes when one had BF on it!

And for a general-use LSP I just don`t think it has much going for it. It does give a good imitation of a carnauba look, but it didn`t stay slick and beading, or resist UV exposure as well, as Collinite wax (tested on the outside 24/7 Volvo).

I switched the S8 from BF to UPP and I like that a lot better..might be a different story if I had a darker color though :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Best Cheap: Turtle Wax Platinum Paste. $7 and looked better than most other OTC waxes. Meg`s #26 paste is great and not too expensive as well.

Worst Premium: I don`t really have anything I`d consider Premium... But I used my friend`s TW ICE paste wax once and thought it sucked. It`s like the same prices as NXT2 paste or #26 paste too...

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only comment on leather.

Inexpensive:

Joy dishwashing liquid, alcohol and water for a leather cleaner along with Scotch Brite delicate duty scuff pad. Nothing is better for cleaning leather.

Overpriced/hyped:

Leatherique - I didn`t see much value in Prestine clean.

Leathermaster - Way overpriced. Their cleaners might have some merit for unfinished leather, but not car leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Leather
    I can only comment on leather.

Inexpensive:

Joy dishwashing liquid, alcohol and water for a leather cleaner along with Scotch Brite delicate duty scuff pad. Nothing is better for cleaning leather.

Overpriced/hyped:

Leatherique - I didn`t see much value in Prestine clean.

Leathermaster - Way overpriced. Their cleaners might have some merit for unfinished leather, but not car leather.

... So what would you recommend for leather? I just ordered Leather Masters conditioner upon a lot of recommendations. What`s the best conditioner?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use a conditioner. Cleaning the leather and cleaning it good will do more for your leather than any conditioner ever will. Try this method - clean the leather with SB scuff pad and cleaner (woolite solution or the one I mentioned). Scrub the seat once quickly and move to another seat. Let the seats dry for about ten minutes or more and clean again. You don`t want to have the cleaner on there to long or it can start to damage the coating. Finish with rubbing it down with a wet terry cloth towel.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information