Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Best inexpensive products:

CD-2 Engine Detailer

Collinite 845

Harly Wax

Meguiar`s ColorX

Best expensive products:

Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe (great towel for removal of wax)

Worst expensive products:

I do not have sufficient experience with premium products to say that I`ve been disappointed. I am trying out various boutique waxes and am not yet convinced that they bestow a significantly superior look to my Harly Wax or Collinite 845, though the ones I have tried so far all look good; but the jury is still out.

I have been quite disappointed in the blue plush microfiber towel known as the "Shag Rag Towel." It does not dry as well as my waffle-weave towels and it does not remove polish, wax, or quick detailer as well as my other towels. I really do not find plush towels very useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWax
    I wouldn`t be so quick to judge, I know their platinum paste has a loyal following.

You know what, I`ll give it a try. I`m glad you gave me a recommendation.
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Best Inexpensive

1 - Woolite He

2 - White Plastic Toothpicks

3 - Stoners Glass Gleaner (IG)

4 - What Odor? Odor Eliminator

Expensive Underperforming

1 - Ultima Elastrofoam

2 - Prima Products

3 - PC

4 - Lexol Leather Products
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    You know what, I`ll give it a try. I`m glad you gave me a recommendation.

Not a recommendation -just saying enough people like that specific wax to justify it`s existence.

Trust me, overall I think TW isn`t all that great - Remember those obnoxious neon green/orange bottles of one of their lines (forgot what they called it think it was "2001") -it worked terrible too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Best inexpensive:

BM matte tire dressing

SCG glass cleaner

CG El Gordo MF

Worst premium:

Jetseal109

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWax
    -Not a fan of Hyper Dressing?? Just curious as to why?

I`ll admit it`s not the BEST but it seems to be a great value -plus- I can fine tune it to give me the correct shine. (which for me is practically matte)

Doesn`t give me the look I want and doesn`t last long. I much prefer M40

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    I have quite honestly never seen that, but I don`t touch turtle wax products anymore. I really hope they just decided to re-package somebody elses wax, like collinite, and call it their own. For their own sake I hope it`s true.

As you can tell, Turtle Wax has lost all credibility with me. If you look into the product I mentioned in my post above, you`ll understand. Search for "Zymol Turtle Wax cleaner wax."

It`s just one of many products from Turtle Wax that I have had more than just a bad experience with. Also, considering many experiences of other uses, my claims are not unwarranted. Perhaps I will eventually be proven wrong, though? I`d like that to happen.

The deal with the Zymol cleaner wax, is that Zymol has an agreement with TW to distribute (and probably make) that wax. Zymol doesn`t have the distribution network that TW has, and constantly trying to ship less than truckload, less than pallet amounts of product gets very expensive.

This sort of tolling and distribution arrangement is very common in the specialty chemical industry. This doesn`t reflect badly on either company.

Zymol is better off spending their factory time making $1800/can waxes, rather than $14/bottle waxes, and TW gains by increasing utilization of their factories and distribution network.

As for TW products, the folks who don`t like the company need to point out which product they don`t like and why. Blanket announcements of "OMG!! turtle wax sucks. LOLOLOLOLOL" are dumb. As are comparisons between unequal products.

The only TW product I have an issue with is the Red Rubbing Compound, because its really not clear coat safe, which is not entirely obvious from the label.

The situation with TW Ice liquid is also unfortunate, they should have rebranded the reformulated liquid as Ice 2.0, rather than just rebadging it as "3X durability" which causes small amounts of the discontinued older formula to be stocked together with the new formula. Kind of like how you often see NXT/NXT 2.0 products stocked together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    water seems to work pretty good

+1 :spit:

And it works even better when you run it through a CRSpotless then add some ONR to it.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    Do a search on the hologram problem. There are posts out there on this topic. I like them for the 1st layer, but the 2nd layer always seems to do this to me.

Yup, I get that, too. However, topping 476 with 845 works well. And honestly, I think one layer of 476 works about as well as two.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Best inexpensive:

1. DG 901

2. ONR - it has so many uses

3. Woolite

4. LA`s Totally Awesome

I do not find myself as of yet purchasing expensive products so I can not add to the list of worst expensive.
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m considering buying some Swissvax Saphir but can`t comment on it from use yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    AW, OOS and OCW are to me some of the best performing products and give great value in the per use per dollar ratio. I also give thumbs up to the DP line of products. Every one I have tried falls into this category. I particualarly like the interior product and MaxWax.
    2019 Ford Fiesta ST
    2018 Honda CRV AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only afford the affordable stuff so the price is difference for me

Best inexpensive is:

Collinite 845-476s

Meguiars #16

Worst "Premium":

TW Liquid Ice -> costs as much as Collinite in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that a number of people were disappointed by Souveran. I`ve never achieved *quite* the same look on some paints with other LSPs...what are people using in place of the Souveran and what`s better about the alternative?

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ good question accumulator.

everyone`s reports seem to be based off "if a product cost twice as much, it should be twice as better." nothing wrong with that, but to each - their own.

great for the price:

water, PC/Makita (versus a new paint job?) + polishes, the stool i use while cleaning rims/polishing low areas

not worth the price:

any clay lube that`s not ONR (if u get a 32oz bottle of ONR, it`s 1 dollar per gallon of clay lube), CG Barebones (should`ve got hyperdressing as it`s cheaper in the long run), lexol leather cleaner
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information