Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody threw up in my car last night and made a royal mess of the inside of my car I managed to clean up most of it even the little nooks and crannys, but I did not manage to clean out the speakers, my speakers have been making a lot of vibrating noises and feedback since this happened so I know its still in there I just don`t what to do to get it out of my speakers, I took the car into the shop at work this morning and tried an air hose it, it got some of it but not all of it. If anybody has any tips on how to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not 100% sure, but if it`s directly on the speaker, you might have to take off the speaker grills if possible, or the door skins and clean the speakers with like a cloth. I can`t really think of any other way.

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, how in the hell did someone manage to throw up into your car speakers!??!! I`m picturing all the speakers in my car/truck and their faces are all vertical, unless you have some 6x9`s or subs on the rear deck, but then again how in the world did you get someone to projectile barf up there?!!? Dude, either you`re one horrible driver or I need to come party with you guys! :laugh

Ok back to your concern, if you`re getting feedback in the speaker it sounds like stomach acid and who knows what else has already gotten to something electrical that cleaning won`t fix. And I`m not sure I`d want to anyway. Buy new ones :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    First off, how in the hell did someone manage to throw up into your car speakers!??!! I`m picturing all the speakers in my car/truck and their faces are all vertical, unless you have some 6x9`s or subs on the rear deck, but then again how in the world did you get someone to projectile barf up there?!!? Dude, either you`re one horrible driver or I need to come party with you guys! :laugh

Ok back to your concern, if you`re getting feedback in the speaker it sounds like stomach acid and who knows what else has already gotten to something electrical that cleaning won`t fix. And I`m not sure I`d want to anyway. Buy new ones :xyxthumbs

We don`t have the fancy bars and clubs like most city dwellers but we have bush partys and being in the middle of no-where you don`t have to worry about cops for the most so anything goes.

A guy from work threw a bush party last night, I didn`t go as it is my on-call weekend so no drinking so I said I would pick a couple guys up anyway buddy threw up in the car got most of it on the floor I pulled over as quick as I could and he opened the door and thats when he got the speakers. Its kind of weird I know but it must have been one of those fluke things but now I am stuck with the mess to clean up, I guess thats what I get for being a nice guy.

Mabye I should just take it to my local dealer on Monday morning see if they can look at it and come up with a solution unless anybody else has something better.

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

J/K

:laugh:

Hopefully there`s no lasting smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose some splashing action could have propelled the vomit into the speaker grill, but I can`t figure out how else it could have gotten in there.

If they`re factory speakers there`s a chance they have a paper cone. If this is the case and they got wet enough (gag) they may be toast. Either way the vibrating sound is not a good sign. You`re definitely going to have to get direct access to the speaker itself either to clean it or replace it.
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess maybe my best is to take the car to my local dealer maybe they will have a solution for solving this problem. Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, If it was alot of barf... you may never get all of the smell out of that car.

I am assuming the speakers are the lower door speakers. most likely you will have to remove the door panel. Clean the grill really well and replace the speaker if need be.

Charge your buddy to have the interior completely cleaned, with an enzyme cleaner and extractor. Then have it treated with an ozone generator, if you can.

On a humid summer day, with your car sitting in the sun all day you may STILL get a whiff of the smell... Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn your stereo WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY up and play some Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Rap, Tony Orlando or Twisted Sister thru them.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Take the grills off and put them in the wash bucket if they can be removed (and all grills can be removed somehow ) then wipe donw the speakers themselves. You can also use a air compressor and blow them out providing they are not old paper cone speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR20det
    Man, If it was alot of barf... you may never get all of the smell out of that car.

I am assuming the speakers are the lower door speakers. most likely you will have to remove the door panel. Clean the grill really well and replace the speaker if need be.

Charge your buddy to have the interior completely cleaned, with an enzyme cleaner and extractor. Then have it treated with an ozone generator, if you can.

On a humid summer day, with your car sitting in the sun all day you may STILL get a whiff of the smell... Good Luck!

How hard is it to get those cleaners you mentioned from retailer either in store or online?

I have the facilities at work where I can do it myself I know its a dirty job but I am no where near a proper detail center I am at least a two-hour drive from a major city where I could get that done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why none of the Frat brothers get to ride in my Jag when im DD haha, sounds like taking the door panel off and having a look/cleaning is the best bet, good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    steam them quickly, then follow up with some brush work for the grills.

replace the speakers at the same time, factory sucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s some good advice given here - I`ve visited this thread a few times and always think (excuse me Tarantino):

Well, I`m a mushroom-cloud-layin` mother******, mother*****! Every time my fingers touch vomit, I`m Superfly T.N.T., I`m the Guns of the Navarone! IN FACT, WHAT THE **** AM I DOIN` IN THE BACK? YOU`RE THE MOTHER****** WHO SHOULD BE ON VOMIT DETAIL! We`re ****in` switchin`! I`m washin` the windows, and you`re pickin` up this barf!
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer6planet
    Thats why none of the Frat brothers get to ride in my Jag when im DD haha, sounds like taking the door panel off and having a look/cleaning is the best bet, good luck

Its good thing its just a throw away car, 2009 Pontiac Vibe.....just a car to get me started out here in Saskatchewan until I get my Super Duty and then my frat brothers will not be in the truck.

I never did think of taking off the door panel that might be a good option.

As for those who say to replace the factory speakers with aftermarket why bother when I have no intention of keeping the car for too much longer...I hardly drive the thing as it is just on weekends as I have use of a company half ton.

But thanks again to all for their ideas and suggestions.

Thread Information