Thread: Faded Paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently working on my cousin`s 94` gold Camry. The paint has faded pretty badly and the hood has experienced clearcoat failure. It will need to be repainted. We were hoping to polish out the rest of the car and only repaint the hood. I polished the trunk with M105 and it looks a lot better now. The trunk lid clearly has more gloss than the rest of the car. However, the area underneath the spoiler (the spoiler actually got ripped off by accident a few weeks ago.) clearly shows the paint in it`s original color. It is much deeper compared to the rest of the trunk. Could the gold paint underneath the clearcoat have faded from overexposure. It that`s true, then repainting the hood is going to be pointless, as it won`t match the rest of the faded paint on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely it will not match the car. No amount of polishing will make it "fade" into the rest of the car sadly. I have a gold 1996 Lexus ES300 so I was in a similar situation when I debadged. My recommendation is to just wait until the paint gets bad enough to justify buying a new car or repainting it entirely. Hope this helps man

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s actually his beater DD. He also owns a 2008 350Z. IMO, he`s wasting his $$ on the repaint, but he wants his DD to at least look good on the outside. The interior is a little beat up too, but I think a shampoo job would make the interior look pretty good again. The car can be made to look good again. It`ll just take some work an $$(for the paint job). I`m just not sure if it`ll be worth the effort, though, since it`ll be parked outside 24/7 again. Then again, he lives near me and I`m a wax nut.

Thread Information