Post Thanks / Like
    This is often my predicament. I drive home in the rain from work, then get home and have a dripping wet car. I don`t want to take out the MF towels to dry the car off because I would hate to have swirls or scratch the paint. And I don`t want to wash the car every time that it rains. Is there a QD that I can mist the car with over the rain water then wipe dry? Stupid question, I know. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely after a rain it will be dirty... Sometimes your car can`t ALWAYS be clean...

Maybe look into ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Yukon, I get a horrible amount of [stuff] all over the liftgate and a few other areas; sometimes the rest of the vehicle still looks great but the areas that are dirty look awful. So when the vehicle is otherwise still in OK shape, I`ve taken to rinsing it off with the CRSpotless and blowing it dry with the AirWand.

No, it`s not perfect by any means, but it works pretty well. Big difference IMO between "clean vehicle that got rained on" and "vehicle that needs washed".

But of course it requires a CRSpotless set-up and some means of blow-drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    rain? whats rain? We have yet to experience this `rain` you speak of here in San Diego.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iDetail
    rain? whats rain? We have yet to experience this `rain` you speak of here in San Diego.

Pass some non-rainy days here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the ONR statement. Love this product, perfect for a quick after rain wash. Spray with some Optimum Car wax or DG Aquawax after for that extra protection/shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    well being from hawaii too, hilo rains a little too much, for me i just do a ONR wash with the rain water on, or just mix the ONR wash to QD strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR is a good choice
    2007 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel

2008 Black Yukon Denali XL

2008 Crimson Red 335i (sold)

Reflection Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by in4mation
    This is often my predicament. I drive home in the rain from work, then get home and have a dripping wet car. I don`t want to take out the MF towels to dry the car off because I would hate to have swirls or scratch the paint. And I don`t want to wash the car every time that it rains. Is there a QD that I can mist the car with over the rain water then wipe dry? Stupid question, I know. Sorry!

As long as I have a good LSP working my vehicle doesn`t get too cruddy from simple rain, not enough to drag out the hose. If I`m going to clean up while it`s still dripping wet I use ONR. If I get to it the next morning and the vehicle`s dry I spritz and wipe down with PB`s Spray & Wash. Both incredible products, IMO! Both can also be mixed for use as a clay lube or QD as well.

16 oz of S&W will do my full-size, extended cab pickup 4 or 5 times.... I discovered it to be just as effective diluted 1:1. Works great on paint, glass and trim. I liked the product so much after the first use I immediately ordered a gallon.

Once I wipe down the paintwork I use the saturated rags to do the wheels, tires, wells and a quick wipe under the hood. DO dedicate some el cheapo MFs to these chores cuz you won`t ever want to use `em on paint again.

TL

Thread Information