Post Thanks / Like
    So yesterday I compounded the front bumper and hood of my 04 G35.

2 passes with rubbign compound on wool pad

1 pass with Meg`s swirl remover 2.0 on a polishing pad

I look in my cabinet and no wax. Maybe a friend of mine `borrowed` it without telling me. I dont know what the reason, but I didnt have any.

so I am driving it around today, should I get wax on this tonight? I don`t really have time to seal the paint tonight, but if its imperative I will. Ive just always heard that not sealing the paint is a bad thing and I am just wondering how bad it really is?

Post Thanks / Like
    New cars sit on the lots for months without protection. You`re more than fine going a few days or even weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just polish again with a cleaner wax real quick and then wax once you get some for protection..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    New cars sit on the lots for months without protection. You`re more than fine going a few days or even weeks.

Yes, and if you look at the paint on them...scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    Yes, and if you look at the paint on them...scary.

True. I should have worded that differently. The clear coat offers good protection on its own...basically your paint is not going to oxidize over night if you don`t have any wax on it. You may be susceptible to things like surface contaminants and etching though.

Post Thanks / Like
    True. I should have worded that differently. The clear coat offers good protection on its own...basically your paint is not going to oxidize over night if you don`t have any wax on it. You may be susceptible to things like surface contaminants and etching though.

Unless you know for sure a new car has been professionally done, you need to at least wash, clay and wax it as soon as you can.

Post Thanks / Like

+1.

Just try to keep it as clean as you can to keep stuff from becoming, in the words of Meguairs, "bonded surface contaminants".
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    It should be fine. I`d just hit it with some CVM or Pink Moose after your next wash, then put down your LSP...If you`re using a nuba.

Thread Information