Post Thanks / Like
    I have a chance to get an Electric 1600 PSI electric pressure washer for a great deal. Was looking to see everyone`s opinion on the electric pressure washers? I would mainly use this to foam the car and clean wheels, tires and wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think electric washers are sufficient for what I use it for. You should be fine I`d think.

Post Thanks / Like
    How would an electric pw work with pulling your water out of your water tank? Provided that you do not have a separate pump from the pw.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an electric Karcher and have had good service w/ it for almost a year. I use it when the car has been run in the rain, removing grit from the paint and especially rims and wheel wells. Mine has the detergent bottle which comes in handy for wheel wells (I use an apc/degreaser/dawn mix, let dwell then pw.) It is a very good investment and I plan to replace it when it goes south. I can`t comment on the foam attachments as I don`t use `em.

Quote Originally Posted by KingC
    How would an electric pw work with pulling your water out of your water tank? Provided that you do not have a separate pump from the pw.

My PW requires 60-80 psi feed so I would think a booster pump would be necessary. I`m not an engineer but it may be possible to mount your tank X number of feet from the ground and have 60 psi head pressure.
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Karcher 1800 PSI one from Northern Tool for $99 plus $10 for 2 year warranty and it is nice. I use the soap hook up and it`s great. It will NOT pull from a gravity fed tank which was a big dissapointment for me because I do not want to run a generator for the pressure washer and pump unless I can use just one extension cord and plug both the pump and pressure washer into it to the persons house. I just dont like the noise of the generator going and neither do any of my neighbors, especially in the high end neighborhoods here.

Post Thanks / Like
    so what would be a good enough amount of PSIs for taking care of the Wheels/Wells/Grime stuck on the bottom of the car??? i was shopping around at Sears yesterday and saw a couple of electric PWs for a good price(under-around 100-150 Dollars) but don`t know how reliable they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wll be picking up the $99 one from Northern Tools, and I`ll post up a review, for that price I can`t really go wrong even if it junk.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool,let us know how it works buddy,looking forward to read that review.

Thread Information