Post Thanks / Like
    I picked this car up from a friend and all of the windows are terribly calcified. He`d park it outside on the street or in the driveway, with the sprinklers going, on hot days (100+), windy days, etc. After a few years, the windows all look like this:

I`ve tried clay bar, toothpaste, rubbing vinegar, rubbing CLR on it, but most of this stuff lived through it. Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im actually interested in finding out a good one for this, myself. I got a "good" deal on a 75 gallon fish tank which is also horribly calcified.. can -barely- remove it with a razor blade, and Lime-Away. Im about to try some Easy Off Oven Cleaner.. which, in case anyone wanted to know, is great at removing anodizing from aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinegar. I too was into fish tank xdevious. Spray some vinegar on and let it dwell.

xdevious, i would never buy a used fish tank if it was used for sal````er ever again. I bought a tank thinking I would clean it up but just ended up giving up and selling it at a loss.

EDIT: Just read the entire post. You might just have to replace them. It might have etched itself too far in. Hows the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    M04 heavy cut cleaner with a rotary and wool is supposed to work well for "polishing" glass (cleaning), but that looks quite severe. Worth a shot though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some Bon-Ami ..... Don`t use it on paint. Your can also try a agressive compond like Men. SIP .....
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    Vinegar. I too was into fish tank xdevious. Spray some vinegar on and let it dwell.

EDIT: Just read the entire post. You might just have to replace them. It might have etched itself too far in. Hows the paint?

The paint on the car is flaking off (it`s "off white"). It was built in the 90s when Mazda had just switched paint formulations and the paint-to-primer bond is very poor.

I`ll give vinegar another shot. I might just end up taking the window glass out and doing it like that, so the vinegar has more time to sit on the surface of the window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with the Vinegar. You will be surprised how well it works... If you can stand the smell put it in a spray bottle and get an even coat on the car. Do not dilute as you`ll need it to break down the calcium let it set for a min and see how a small area rubs out with a damp terry cloth towel.l.
    You miss 100% of the shots you never take...

Thread Information