Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wax test

Post Thanks / Like
    max test guideline 3-23-2009 picture by jdizzle-2009 - Photobucket

okay.. im having some issues getting pictures to load/show up on here, so bear with me...

today i decided to do a a test simmilar to the one i did last year to compare the durbility of different products... i did the typical prep work.. wash with dawn(twice), use a pre cleaner (mothers), and water did not bead..... i taped off different sectionsand made a little guiad so i could remember what was where... if the picture above loads, then you should see that... the thing is. i do a test like this every year.. i posted my results of my last test on here a few months ago, and nobody aknowleged it.. its difficult to post pictures, so if nobody is interested in seeing the results then i wont post any updates on beading etc. just wondering if anyone was interested in seeing another comparison, if so ill try to figure it out .. i posted pictures on here before but forget how..

Post Thanks / Like
    here you go

look to the right where it says "IMG Code". just copy whats in the box and paste it here. also fwiw, its always nice seeing these comparison threads- even if no one replies

ps- your headlights look like they could use some protection too

Post Thanks / Like
    cool cool

subscribed

that`s a lot of waxes

=D

Post Thanks / Like
    This test actually looks better than the last one. You used more and better products on this one and included pics. I think I`d use most of those products (minus the mothers synwax, 3M wax, and EO nanowax). In the first test (here`s a link BTW: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...n-results.html), I`d probably only use the NXT.

Good test though--let us know what the reults are.

Post Thanks / Like
    willtothewong.. im gong to try to post a pic of the car i took yesterday while applying them... and a beading picture im goign to take now.. i didnt want to do the beading last nite because i figured they needed curing time.. expecially the klasse. thanks for the help.. expect more pictures later today

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ beading on roof. fromleft= 3m, 845,klasse,476

^^^hood, cant tell much sorry for the picture quality.. all look pretty decent

^^^thats 476... the only thing that looked better was 845 by just a little bit

^^ this one is klasse.. possibly the worst in the test, along with UQD

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, i dusted the hood roof and trunk before spraying a uniform amount of water all over, so pollen and dust should not be an issue.

sorry for the picture quality.. my carera works well wen it feels like it, which it rarley does.. .. the whole hood looks about the same... the #26 doesnt bead quite as high and tight as the others, but its close

on the roof.. the collinites are doing the best, both of them.. . 3m is doing pretty well too, but klasse is really lacking, ive read that klasse does better after multiple coats.. i`m glad ive always topped klasse with something whenever i`ve used it

the trunk. i could NOT get a good picture of.. but basically, went like this.. UQD had the least beading action... followed by nano wax.. meguiars ultimate quik wax and the duragloss AW both looked about the same.. UQW seemed to sheet a little more though.. i was expecting AW to blow everything on the trunk away.. but we`ll c about the lasting ability of the UQW.

i was hoping to get some suggestions... on how often to wash, how often everyone wants an update.. any variables i may have over looked etc etc.. i appreciate any feedback, and suggestions.. thanks for reading everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    good review, look forward to next update, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    ey, this is kinda just a bump to the top in hopes that sumwun will answer.. how often should i update?im thinking spray waxes once a week.. and waxes every other week? or once a month. idk..

this is off topic, but i got a porter cable the other day.. did my dads truck.. a dark red pretty heavily swirled 97 mazda pickup. and it came out a lot better using megs #2 followed with #9...

thats before^^^

thats after^^^.. not perfect.. but i think it looks good for over 130,000 miles, and 12 years old..

i can believe i did that by hand for so long... .. never again haha. accept hard to reach spots i guess..

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, so time for an update... the test was going great, and everything looked like this:

last week my sister came home from college for the summer, and she drives the cavalier durring the summer... i came home and the car wash washed, and the beading was almost completley gone... 3m, and 476 were pretty much the only ones still going. i dont know what the car was washed with, but im betting it was dawn :-(

so last night i washed the car with dawn myself, then used liquid glass pre cleaner, and mothers precleaner, followed by an alcohol wipe down... i then started my test over :-(

heres the new test if anyone cares to see.

and again, sorry for not updating.. ive been busy with school (which just let out for summer, although i do have 2 ASE exams tonite) but now that its summer, ill have more time to update... loading pictures takes forever with my fossil of a computer, and dial up.

Post Thanks / Like
    i will speak from memory and give an update.. klasse hadnt changed at all. big fat low beads, but didnt appear to be giving up any time soon... 476 and 845 were doing well.. so was synwax, every spray wore out really fast. so im going to make a point to update this once a week... ill wash it once a week, then spray a shower over the car and take pics. sorry again, i know some of you were excited for this test just like me..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, man, that`s a lot of work doing that. How`s the Duragloss 111 holding up?

Post Thanks / Like
    not a problem.. im curious as to how durable the stuff i use is, so im doing this test, or atleast trying lol.. ill deffinatley keep posting upates on here.. and to answer ur question. i just put the duragloss 111 and everything else on last night, so im sure its fine;-).. thanks for reading, thats y im posting this stuff on here, so it can be read and learned from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...glad to hear the DG is still holding up...LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the test. I love reading these

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information