Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Since pollen season is rolling around what do you guys suggest for a quick clean and a way to help keep the pollen off. I know I read that some people use the california duster (I think thats what its called), but are there any good quick details that I can use to wipe some dust/pollen off and keep it off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Only time I qd now is after a wash for added gloss/slickness. Ill just make it through the week until I get time to ONR it. I just finished washing my car only to take a look at it once I was done dressing the tires and its already covered in pollen. Since its my DD Id rather not risk any marring and in turning polishing more than I should have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    Only time I qd now is after a wash for added gloss/slickness. Ill just make it through the week until I get time to ONR it. I just finished washing my car only to take a look at it once I was done dressing the tires and its already covered in pollen. Since its my DD Id rather not risk any marring and in turning polishing more than I should have to.

Same here. If I clean the pollen off my car at 9AM (Cali duster, S&W), it`s back on the car in copious amounts by 11AM--just not worth it.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonsfavson
    Same here. If I clean the pollen off my car at 9AM (Cali duster, S&W), it`s back on the car in copious amounts by 11AM--just not worth it.

Yep. At work, I park in a parking lot where the pollen just COATS the car w/ pollen in RIDICULOUS amounts. Should start in another month or so and it`ll suck for a month after that.

I`ll cali dust just to get the big stuff off, but it just mars to hell if I only QD.

If I`m careful, a simple hose/dry will do the trick--assumng the car hasn`t been rained on. The wax/QD on the surface leaves it slick enough where it won`t mar anything.

Pollen season is an invevitable, messy PITA, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wash my car about every 5 days. The pollen falls so fast you can`t keep up with it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys think pollen sucks? Try life on a dirt road. I`ve used Cali Dusters and IMO it doesnt seem to mar unless you get greedy and want to take off a heavy coat of dust. If it`s just a little bit, I`ve never had a problem as long as the wax is less than a couple weeks old. After that, it`s just gotta be washed and waxed anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hand wash at least once a week in pollen season. I stay away from QD`s except to remove wax or sealant smears on a clean car as you are asking for micro-marring by QDing a dirty car - even if it is just pollen.

Also, forget the California Duster if you don`t want micro-marring. If you have a silver car you may not notice the light scratches a CD causes easily, but on my black car forget it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent tried one on black yet. Good thing I have a motorcycle, the car sits in the garage looking sexy all summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not use a QD to remove pollen, I wash the car with ONR

Post Thanks / Like
    What I do is rinse the car down, blow dry it with a leaf blower. Then follow up with ONR in a 2.5 gallon bug sprayer and wipe it down. A quick QD like 425 helps some. I do this every couple days. There is just no way to keep up with it right now.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Is pollen more likely to mar than dust? I will sometimes QD light dust, should I only ONR pollen, heavy or light? I have a Lexus with pretty soft paint.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachwolverine
    Is pollen more likely to mar than dust? I will sometimes QD light dust, should I only ONR pollen, heavy or light? I have a Lexus with pretty soft paint.

Thanks

Probably not, but it would be cool if someone could do the "CD test" with some pollen to see exactly how abrasive it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read polen has little microscopic barbs on it to help it catch onto stuff when it lands. it`s soft on the inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just dont drive my car during the month of April :up its crazy here in virginia and its JET BLACK eek!

i either jump in the AW Z4 or my toyota pickup truck (which i just give it a quick wash once a week). no dusters or QD for me during pollen season. seems a waste.
    GLENN | BLACK PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t risk using a QD ... I`d deal with it and wait to do a weekly wash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information