I have a 05.5 Audi A4, that had a few cracks on the bolsters. Very common problem, or so I have read.

I had one 6" (or so) long and 1-2mm wide crack along one bolster, and then some cracking just starting along two others.

Anyways, I took it to a Vinyl/Leather repair shop in town. Place got pretty good reviews from locals, and when I met with the owner they told me that it would look just about as good as new. But after about a year the color might wear off, and to just come in and have it touched up.

So when I went to pick it up this evening. You could see the repairs from a mile away. I expected the long/exposed crack to not look "perfect". But on the other bolsters where the cracks were just starting, it looked worse after then they did before.

I know hard to explain without pictures. But there was hardly no texture applied to the repairs. And it looked like they did not spread it well. As in the top of the repair on all of them was thicker then the bottom.

They are going to "try to make it look better". But I got the feeling from the shop that this is how repairs turn out. I am picking it up in the morning, and would love any input to try to base a better judgement on.

All I know is that I could have done a better DIY job (expect for the color, color was spot on).