Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My white diamond sweetheart just turned 4 and got her first polishing. (Low miles, always garaged.) Followed with the usual AIO and a coat of KSG.

But no matter how "whisper thin" you put it on, it has to be rubbed off. So before I apply the next coat (I used to apply 3 and add another one after every other wash or so), I`m thinking about bagging it and just going to some easy WOWO Aquawax. I use it on the wife`s car after each wash; it adds no extra time, and smells like a little trip to the beach.

So whatdya think? Will I be giving up anything besides elbow grease to make the switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that applying, then immediately removing KSG makes it much easier to work with. I`ve noticed no decrease in quality of shine or protection. I almost gave up on KSG because I hated fighting with it when it hazed, then someone suggested that to me.
    2007 Mazda3i - Black Mica

2009 Honda Civic EX-L coupe - Tafetta White

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it. Im getting old and lazy and currently have 5 wowo products at my disposal. Once I lay a good foundation (like KSG) all I use is my wowo products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you`ll get the same sort of protection. Heavily layered KSG forms a real build-film on the paint, a plasticy coating you can clearly feel, and this has just gotta (well, IMO) protect better than a spray wax.

Layer the KSG on there and then just use something like FK425 after each wash, oughta last almost indefinitely; you`ll finally get marring that needs polished out long before the KSG is dead IME. If your car`s really pampered I wouldn`t be at all surprised if six layers of KSG lasted well over a year, just use a KSG-friendly shampoo (I use Griot`s and it simply doesn`t strip KSG).

Besides the thin application thing, I like to let the KSG sit overnight before I buff it off. Seems like the longer I let it sit the easier it buffs off (I`ve gone as long as three days when experimenting with it). And fogging the residue with your breath makes it wipe off easily IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    KSG never did anything for me, appearance wise. There was just never any "Gee, Im glad I applied KSG. It sure looks better", factor. Im totally content with a base coat of my favorite, an occasional ID &GE application after a wash (Actually an application of ID &GE after an occasional wash), and a monthly spray wax of either Optimum or DG AW.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    KSG never did anything for me, appearance wise. There was just never any "Gee, Im glad I applied KSG. It sure looks better", factor....

Well, yeah...I`ll agree with you there. I think it looks OK, good even, on some paints, but it`s not something really striking IMO either. I just *love* the durability and protection though.

Eh..who knows what I`ll do when (if?) I finally use up that bottle of KSG :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want easy and good-looking, these are your best options IMO:

WERKSTAT Detailing: Acrylic Jett Trigger

Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal: Zaino Store

Optimum Opti-Seal Free Bonus!

To me, Z8 looks the best, while AJT lasts the longest. OS is in between. All look better than Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Eh..who knows what I`ll do when (if?) I finally use up that bottle of KSG :nixweiss

I bought a liter of it shortly before I discovered Werkstat. Still trying to find a use for it. I may try it as a fuel additive or tree fertilizer next. I see no point in putting it on my paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a lot of qds/spray waxes / spray sealants , I think thats the way to go . My cars looks always waxed with a just a extra 15 minutes of work. A few times a year I will do a major detail , but for the most part it spray stuff for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    I bought a liter of it shortly before I discovered Werkstat. Still trying to find a use for it... I see no point in putting it on my paint.

Heh heh, that`s one strong opinion you have there, goes to show how much you like the other products you mentioned, huh? Or do you simply dislike the KSG that much?

Heh heh, lest I sound like some big fan of KSG, note that it`s about the only LSP I`ve ever stripped off right after applying it. I couldn`t *stand* how it looked on a silver Audi I had! It works for me on the MPV and on wheels, but that`s really all I can say for it, and I`m kinda preferring FK1000P on wheels these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all the viewpoints. I think I`ll leave the KSG behind. I do leave it overnight and it`s still a pain. It wouldn`t be so bad if it left an easily visible trail like a wax haze, but especially on white you`re constantly trying to get the light right to be sure you got it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    dpsorg,

I also have a white vehicle and I agree that KSG is a pain to remove and hard to see on white. I switched to Opti Seal and it is really easy to use and there is no hazing to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Heh heh, that`s one strong opinion you have there, goes to show how much you like the other products you mentioned, huh? Or do you simply dislike the KSG that much?

I don`t hate it, really. I just see no point in using it. It`s probably the most difficult sealant I`ve ever used. I`ve figured out some tricks to make it not aweful, but it`s still no fun. After all that work, you`d think you`d get a better reward out of it. It`s just so-so as far as looks. Nothing special. At least it seems to last a while, but then again if I wanted ultimate durability, Zaino Z2 and DG 105/501 are superior. So many other options look better, are easier to apply, and match it for durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    wfedwar- OK, hey, if we all thought one product was the best/worst it`d be pretty boring around here

Post Thanks / Like
    It`d be pretty cool if some organization could do some extensive testing of products to at least narrow the offerings in each category such as longest lasting, or easiest to apply or best value or best protection, etc. Boring isn`t always bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information