Post Thanks / Like
    hey,

i have atleast 10 rockchips on my black g35 hood, but there tiny as a pen tip, but oh boy there making me mad. :furious:, the funny thing is that i only notice a few of them when its cloudy out and when its not i see every rockchip, and find new ones everytime, now to the question what is the best soulution for this? sanding them down? anyone in NY could help me out?

Thankkkss

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i got plenty on my black truck also,specially on the hood and they`re all primer white wich is even more noticeable,im starting to find some on the side of my rear door! *** and on top of my 1/4 panel wich really made me mad,but i work in a bodyshop so i dont care for now,i`m planning on just re-painting the whole truck whenever i sell it ,but from what i know i guess use some touch-up paint to cover them up because rockchips as u can see have already taken the clearcoat and paint of the area so it`s down to the etchprimer,so its either touch-up or paint the panel,but there might be something out there that might work besides that so as far as i know,those would be the only 2 options

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait till you wax it with a wax that hazes white

I would suggest touch up paint (applied by pro is best). Sanding it down will make it worse

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the title and than saw your username.....I too have a g35 and have a ton of rockchips...im just lucky the color of my car and the primer are similiar.

Touchup paint would be good but your going to keep getting them. For some reason our paint is just prone to chipping. Im guessing you have an 03-06?

Solid black will be easier to blend than my metallic silver. I just live with mine because theres just too many on my hood and bumper to touchup. If i ever get a new car or repaint this one ill be sure to put a clear bra on it

Post Thanks / Like
    my 03 350z is the same. My front bumper has some rock chips in it. I don`t think our paint is very durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    ..If i ever get a new car or repaint this one ill be sure to put a clear bra on it

Rembember to let the paint cure/outgas before putting a clear bra/PPF on a repaint (as per 3M).

Eh...I just live with rock chips until they`re so bad I just can`t stand `em (which can be "never") and then I have the areas reshot and start letting `em get chipped all over again.

As the museum curator said, "real cars have stonechips". And he was referring to priceless collector cars too.

Heh heh, I left two chips on the hood of my Jag for *decades*...my painter finally touched them up because he just couldn`t stand looking at them (and yeah, I b!tched a little about his doing it even though he did a wonderful job, he offered to "unfix" them so I shut up). IME as long as you keep a vehicle well-detailed stonechips aren`t a big deal even if they go to the metal; they only matter if they really bother you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this may sound like blasphamy on this site, but pick up some turtle wax color cure. Its a color matching wax that will fill in the tiny chips and make them VERY hard to see. Its not a perminant fix but will make it look alot better for cheap
    -Jon

Club FLEX:woot2:

Thread Information