Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a a master blaster but has not shipped out to me yet.whle waiting for the mb to arrive i was made aware of another way to dry my car without using any towels:cr spotless! my only concern is that the replacement cartdriges cost 150.00.does any one have any experience or thoughs that you can share i am so undecided and can`t make up mi mind.any info would be greatly appreciated. Which one should i get please help me decide.thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a bit confused. The Master Blaster is a vacuum and I think the CR Spotless that most of us are familiar with is a water filtration unit.

I would stick with the Master Blaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdt
    Im a bit confused. The Master Blaster is a vacuum and I think the CR Spotless that most of us are familiar with is a water filtration unit.

I would stick with the Master Blaster.

the vac-n-blo is the vac

info on blaster:

Metro Master Blaster

Post Thanks / Like
    well the master blaster supposed to blow all the water off of the car because it blows hot air some people say it leaves no water spots which eliminates the need to use towels.i know the cr works great but i am tryong to see if i can do the same with the master blaster becuase of the expense from the resin refills for the cr spotless.keep opinions coming guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathraceking
    well the master blaster supposed to blow all the water off of the car because it blows hot air some people say it leaves no water spots which eliminates the need to use towels.i know the cr works great but i am tryong to see if i can do the same with the master blaster becuase of the expense from the resin refills for the cr spotless.keep opinions coming guys.

I would personally find that difficult to do as the portion of my car, that was cleaned, would start drying before I finish the car up so i would get water spots. The Master Blaster wouldn`t help me, not sure where you live but I had water spot problem this weekend and it was only 68 degrees with some sun here in the Philly area. The CR system stops that, but I agree, the units and resin are so very expensive. I guess my water has a lot of mineal deposits as the resin only lasted 6 months. Plus I think I will start taking the filters out of the system each time I am finish cleaning so the resin dries out a little, not sure if mold can begin to grow from weekend to weekend and ultimately lessen it`s longivety. I use as little water as I can but between the foam gun, 2 buckets (rinsing bucket emptied 3 times yesterday as there was so much salt to wash away), and rinsing it just turns out to be a lot of water.

Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan
    Plus I think I will start taking the filters out of the system each time I am finish cleaning so the resin dries out a little, not sure if mold can begin to grow from weekend to weekend and ultimately lessen it`s longivety.

You don`t need to remove the cartridges unless you are going to let it sit for a few weeks or more.

Post Thanks / Like
    the refill for the resin cost i think 90 to 100 bucks every 5 or 6 months?that`s kinda expensive jsut to dry a car thats why i was hoping the master blaster would work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blk45
    You don`t need to remove the cartridges unless you are going to let it sit for a few weeks or more.

okay, thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathraceking
    the refill for the resin cost i think 90 to 100 bucks every 5 or 6 months?that`s kinda expensive jsut to dry a car thats why i was hoping the master blaster would work.

Well, it depends as I have the DIC-20 so I have two filters to fill up, there is the DIC-10 that requires only one. Plus I bought it in bulk at $215 for 3 changes (6 for the DIC-10) which is around $72 for me. I`m hoping to somehow get more than 6 months out of it. Also, it`s more than just drying the car. I had an unbelievable amount of water spots everywhere before the CR system. I would use so much of a water/vinegar mixture to get them all out each weekend plus I would rush through drying the car or spray the car constantly to keep it wet and cool.

Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Some sorta-random thouhts follow, all just IMO/IME:

I`ve never been able to do a satsifactory-to-me job of touchless drying. Not with my AirWand, not with my compressor (and those put out plenty of airflow).

Forced-air drying really only works well if you keep your LSP in good condition.

Unless you use the CRSPotless for *everything* you`ll never get all the non-CRS water flushed away and you`ll still get *some* degree of waterspotting. It`ll be a whole lot better though, even if you have conditioned/softened water already.

I never drain my CRSpotless and it`s not apparently suffering from it even though it sits unused for some long periods of time. I do take some care to avoid turbulance when I start/finish using it though. I`ve been using it for quite a while now without having to change the resin, but I only use it for the final rinse and my water`s already pretty decent by the time it gets to the CRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan
    okay, thanks for the help

No problem. It`s actually longer than that. From their site:

Will the resin go bad if I don`t use it?

Yes it is possible. After long periods of non-use there is a possibility that algae can form and foul the resin. If it is going to set for a long period of time with out use (60-90 days) we suggest that you remove the resin cartridges, allow them to drip dry and dry the inside of the gray housings to prevent algae growth.

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing this video VIDEO LINK

we purchased the 8hp master blaster and this thing is amazing. Those of you on the fence need to jump all over this offer! I just used mine for the first time and all I can say is WOW! I dired my entire car in about 20 minutes. There is certainly a technique that I`m just learning that should cut my drying time by another 5 minutes or more. When you see the water shooting out from around the lights and mirrors you`ll be amazed at how much water these hold.

I can`t believe I waited this long to buy this. Everyone was washes their car on a regular basis needs one of these. They are having a great sale SALE LINK

Thread Information