Post Thanks / Like
    My windshield has all these tiny dots all over it (literally hundreds) that look like dust when the sunlight hits them.

Last night I tried using my Prima Swirl and an orange pad - it really didn`t help much.

When using your finger nail, you can feel that these dots are actually in the glass and you can scratch at them and kinda pick some stuff out, but the dots are the size of a toothpick head and having hundreds of them would be impossible to pick out and possibly damage the glass.

Would something like a polish or DP`s deep clean be more suited for this. They don`t look like water spots, maybe just calcium or something else left behind from after washes. These have been there since I bought the car from the previous owner, but the car only had 3,000 miles on it. So it is rather new.

I`m thinking a deep cleanse will work, but I have never seen anything like this on paint and can`t find pictures. My camera probably wouldn`t photograph them well either. Just imagine a very lightly dusted window.

The DP Deep cleanser is a little pricey to "try out" and find that it doesn`t work.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by o0M3NTAL0o
    My windshield has all these tiny dots all over it (literally hundreds) that look like dust when the sunlight hits them.

Last night I tried using my Prima Swirl and an orange pad - it really didn`t help much.

When using your finger nail, you can feel that these dots are actually in the glass and you can scratch at them and kinda pick some stuff out, but the dots are the size of a toothpick head and having hundreds of them would be impossible to pick out and possibly damage the glass.

Would something like a polish or DP`s deep clean be more suited for this. They don`t look like water spots, maybe just calcium or something else left behind from after washes. These have been there since I bought the car from the previous owner, but the car only had 3,000 miles on it. So it is rather new.

I`m thinking a deep cleanse will work, but I have never seen anything like this on paint and can`t find pictures. My camera probably wouldn`t photograph them well either. Just imagine a very lightly dusted window.

The DP Deep cleanser is a little pricey to "try out" and find that it doesn`t work.

Thank you!

I`ve used a PC and DG 501 with a white pad first, migrating to an orange if needed. Believe it or not, follow up with AW and waffle weave. Definitely helped my windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used a polish and orange pad already, I don`t think another polish and a lighter cutting pad will solve my issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for some more exposure

Post Thanks / Like
    why not just use a razor to scrape them off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    why not just use a razor to scrape them off?
    :2thumbs: Good thinking Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    They are actually into the glass... sort of like blackheads (acne). I ordered the DP Glass cleanse and I will update this thread when I find out how it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by o0M3NTAL0o
    They are actually into the glass... sort of like blackheads (acne). I ordered the DP Glass cleanse and I will update this thread when I find out how it works.

IN the glass?

glass is very hard I don`t think it is in the glass

it sound like you just have some overspray....try the razor

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Big Jim - I will defiantly give it a shot. I almost broke out the steel wool, but was a little disappointed after the orange pad and polish didn`t break it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    IN the glass?

glass is very hard I don`t think it is in the glass

it sound like you just have some overspray....try the razor

i`d have to agree. had some letter ghosting from a clueless dealer`s price posting on a windshield and broke out the pc and polish. took forever. never thought of asking here. wish i had learned of the razor beforehand.

oh well, live and learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I went to town with the razor blade. (forgot to mention that I claybar`d it before the polishing)

The actual problem seems to be a bunch of tiny little pits in the glass (guess a bunch of really light rock chips) that have either the chipped glass in there or mineral buildup.

I will use the DP deep cleanse in two weeks - it will show up from Auto Geek late next week, but I will be on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this issue on my Crossfire windshield. I only notice it when in direct sunlight coming at a low angle. I also have an old Zcar that has very light scratches on the windshield from wipers. I tried a Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad with Zaino glass polish with my PC. It helped a little on the Z and did nothing on the Crossfire pitting. It self destructed when I tried it with a rotary. The velcro separated from the pad. I gave up on this and will be interested if anyone has anything else to offer before deciding if this bugs me enough to replace the windshields. OUCH

Post Thanks / Like
    wmphipps - thank you for chiming in. It sounds like you and I share the same problem. I almost purchased that pad to help out with the DP Glass restore.

I will let you know how that product works though, but most likely it can`t help something permanent.

Thread Information